About SAP GUI Desktop Automation with RPA Express

Dear Team.
I am trying to test SAP GUI Desktop Automation with RPA Express.
There are often parts like table data entry in SAP applications. For example, as follows

The Inspector of Studio detects these part as [GuiTableControl]. I want to automate to input data with a table from an Excel file. I already understand the way of inputting data to the target cell one by one with Enter Keystrokes of Tabkey and PageDownkey or with Mouse Click with Selector of the target cell but there are a lot of fields of not needed for input. If you know the way of setting the cell object dynamically in [GuiTableControl], please let me know.

Many thanks.
Best regards,
Shigeki Hagiwara

Dear Team.

I could handle input fields in “[GuiTableControl]” with variables in RPA Express Studio dynamically. The input field object name like as a table in SAP GUI is expressed
[CSS:.GuiCTextField[name=“field name:row position”]]
by Inspecter of Studio.
For Example,
[CSS:.GuiCTextField[name=“G/L 勘定:1”]]”.
[CSS:.GuiCTextField[name=“G/L 勘定:2”]]”.
(Sorry field name is in Japanese.)

So I get the field name from Excel data to set the input field object with variable ${element}, and the row position sets with variable ${counter} in Studio as follows;

[CSS:.GuiCTextField[name="${element}:${detail_counter}"]]

Since I can use these variables, I could handle the input SAP fields in spite of many items.

Bset regards,
Shigeki Hagiwara

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the update @s_hagiwara :smiley:

We are currently working on an SAP sample for WorkFusion Studio to show how SAP can be automated. Will share it as soon as it is ready.

1 Like

Dear Alesia-san

Thank you for your a lot of support !
I am waiting the readiness of SAP sample. And if I get it, I will post a topic in Japanese. Many thanks.

Best regards,
Shigeki Hagiwara

1 Like

@s_hagiwara SAP example is available in the Examples library

1 Like

Dear Alesia-san

Thank you for sending this message and for your a lot of support. I am very happy to hear this news. I think 3 reusable components are very useful for building a bot for SAP GUI automation. If possible, I would like to know examples of transfer slips inputing to SAP transaction code FB01. The input data is an Excel file.

Many thanks.
Brest regards,
Shigeki Hagiwara

1 Like

Thank you @s_hagiwara we’ll try to come up with such example.

1 Like

Dear Alesia-san

Many thanks ! I am very happy to hear yor words.
Best regards,
Shigeki Hagiwara

1 Like