About the RPA Express category

Discussion of all topics about RPA Express, including its installation, capabilities, existing functionality, feature requests, and bug reports.

Use it to:

• ask questions about RPA Express functionality
  • get help from Workfusioners and fellow users if you have any issues
  • report bugs
  • propose and vote for new features
  • ask any other questions you have about RPA Express.

To discuss specific components and features of RPA Express, use these subcategories:
Installation and Launch: use it to ask all questions related to RPA Express download, installation, starting its components.
Control Tower: this subcategory is dedicated to questions about publishing, scheduling and executing processes on Control Tower, using datastores and secrets vault, role management, bot sources.
OCR: use it for all inquiries about the OCR component, OCR plugin and using OCR actions.
Custom Actions: share your custom scripts in this category, or ask questions if you have any issues with custom actions.
Automation Challenges: we sometimes organize fun challenges and ask users to automate stuff using RPA Express. Monitor this category in order not to miss it!

Here are helpful RPA Express links:
User guide
YouTube tutorials
Automation Academy courses

RPA Express Team

4 Likes

What are Bot Recorders?
Are they Selenium recorder or Something different. Does it include Web/Windows application. Does it support Internet explorer.

Regards,
Venkat

@venkateswaran.mrithinjayan, RPA Express includes a recorder developed by WorkFusion, which is surface-based, so you can automate both desktop apps and web apps (including internet explorer).

1 Like

Wow, is this available for download. Can the same be used for earlier versions of WF v7.4 till v8.0

not yet, there will be official announcement on forum - stay tuned.
Older versions of WF will not be supported, because it is a new functionality.

As this is a surface based recording, can it record Citrix and Image based automation?
If we use this surface based recorder for web browser app automation, doesn’t it produce Java and Selenium code?
For Windows recorders, is it going to be position (i.e. x,y coordinates ) based recording?

@jliyanage,

The current version of RPA Express Recorder is an image-based (surface-based) one with support of some system actions, e.g. switch to window, open application, open website in browser, minimize, maximize, etc.

There are several options for identifying an action element (locator):

• by screenshot
  • by coordinates
  • by XPath (for browser page elements)

If we use this surface based recorder for web browser app automation, doesn’t it produce Java and Selenium code?

This possibility is in our nearest plans.

2 Likes

Sir,
I want to do certified bot developer course, but I don’t have account in Kb.workfusion.com to access training materials.
I already completed Automation Essentials Certificate and getting started with RPA express from automation academy. so now want to learn more about workfusion, which is available in Certified Bot developer course, but not able to access.

can you please guide me the process, how to learn more with that course and get access of training environment.

@Vishal_Patel

Other courses and KB spaces are available only for WorkFusion partners and customers.

You can connect with our team about partnership - http://partners.workfusion.com/

1 Like

If the application to be automated is an citrix based web application still will the xpath would be working for web based applications( via surface automation)?

Can you please provide the trial version of RPA express.