RPA Express 2.0.2 has an option to use Secure Storage in WorkFusion Studio.
This is a beta feature, and it is disabled by default.
To enable Secure Storage in the Studio:
- Close WorkFusion Studio
- Go to C:\RPAExpress\Studio\configuration
- Open file config.ini for editing
- Add com.workfusion.featureflag.secret=true at the end of the file
- Save the file
- Open WorkFusion Studio
To use Secure Storage:
- Go to Window - Preferences - WorkFusion Studio - Secure Storage
- Click Add to create a record. One record can hold 2 secure values:
- Key (for example, username)
Value (for example, password)
If you only need 1 secure value, you can leave the other one empty.
You can then assign these values to recorder variables and use them in the recording.
The .xml recording file contains only the Alias and not the values themselves and retrieved them only during the runtime.
Note: Secure Storage is still a beta feature and doesn’t work in recordings published to Control Tower, only in WorkFusion Studio.
Please share your thoughts on this feature and feel free to post you feedback here.