Beta feature: Secure Storage in WorkFusion Studio

RPA Express 2.0.2 has an option to use Secure Storage in WorkFusion Studio.
This is a beta feature, and it is disabled by default.

To enable Secure Storage in the Studio:

1. Close WorkFusion Studio
  2. Go to C:\RPAExpress\Studio\configuration
  3. Open file config.ini for editing
  4. Add com.workfusion.featureflag.secret=true at the end of the file
  5. Save the file
  6. Open WorkFusion Studio

To use Secure Storage:

1. Go to Window - Preferences - WorkFusion Studio - Secure Storage
  2. Click Add to create a record. One record can hold 2 secure values:

If you only need 1 secure value, you can leave the other one empty.

You can then assign these values to recorder variables and use them in the recording.
secure-storage-variable

The .xml recording file contains only the Alias and not the values themselves and retrieved them only during the runtime.

Note: Secure Storage is still a beta feature and doesn’t work in recordings published to Control Tower, only in WorkFusion Studio.

Please share your thoughts on this feature and feel free to post you feedback here.

I tried to use the Secure Storage but it behaved abruptly.
The value that I added for one Alias were being shown for all the aliases in several tries.
After I deleted the Alias that I added first and added new aliases it stopped picking up values from Secure Storage and started using NULL.

Hi @vaibhav_a1YTwn,

Please close the Studio, then reopen it from the tray menu and try to run a recording with an Alias for which it couldn’t pick up value before. Does it work?

If the Secure Storage picked up the new values after restarting, then it is a known issue we have in this build.
It is already fixed and will be included in the new version we are planning to release next week.

1 Like

Starting from RPA Express 2.1.0, this feature is available by default.