Bot works in Studio but fails in Control Tower

I get the below error when running the Bot from Control Tower and the same bot task works from the studio. Found somewhere in the forum to stop and start the “Bot Manager” and it works when I did so. What would be the reason for the below failure and how can I avoid/handle this?

org.webharvest.exception.PluginException: [urn:uuid:4026182064D6CC8C9415572388943994] robotics-flow executePlugin exception: [nodeId=http://127.0.0.1:15410] org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Error forwarding the new session Request timed out waiting for a node to become available.

Hello @bhanubachu.
How long does your script work in Studio? Do you have any delay before any action that is more than 5 minutes(300 seconds)?

@Lera, Bot will run immediately in studio. But sometimes it will take 3-7 mins and then run. I did not get the above error in Studio. There is no wait time for starting the Bot. This issue in Control Tower is intermittent.

Can you please provide log files from folder C:\RPAExpress\RPA\logs\ for the dates when bot failed in Control Tower?

All the logs got removed after upgrading to latest 2.3 version. Now I get issue even in Studio. , below is the Error message in console. Attached the log file for the same.

09:37:18 [WARN] IDriverWrapper is NULL. Can’t to close.
09:37:18 [WARN] [urn:uuid:2E6CE6FC539132103F15580243375333] robotics-flow plugin execution exception : org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Error forwarding the new session Request timed out waiting for a node to become available.
Command duration or timeout: 300.09 seconds
Build info: version: ‘9.3.0.5’, revision: ‘63553f3f1c’, time: ‘2019-03-15T13:41:27.26Z’
System info: host: ‘CASV-PC025’, ip: ‘192.168.1.210’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_121’
Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver
org.webharvest.exception.PluginException: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Error forwarding the new session Request timed out waiting for a node to become available.
Build info: version: ‘9.3.0.5’, revision: ‘63553f3f1c’, time: ‘2019-03-15T13:41:27.26Z’
System info: host: ‘CASV-PC025’, ip: ‘192.168.1.210’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_121’
Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.selenium.RobotPlugin.executePlugin(RobotPlugin.java:185)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.execute(WebHarvestPlugin.java:125)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BaseProcessor.run(BaseProcessor.java:127)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BodyProcessor.execute(BodyProcessor.java:27)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.executeBody(WebHarvestPlugin.java:246)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.selenium.RoboticsFlowPlugin.executePlugin(RoboticsFlowPlugin.java:110)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.execute(WebHarvestPlugin.java:125)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BaseProcessor.run(BaseProcessor.java:127)
at org.webharvest.runtime.Scraper.execute(Scraper.java:169)
at org.webharvest.runtime.Scraper.execute(Scraper.java:182)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.executor.LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.executeWebHarvestTask(LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.java:173)
at com.workfusion.studio.launch.SingleThreadWebHarvestProcess.processTaskInputs(SingleThreadWebHarvestProcess.java:77)
at com.workfusion.studio.launch.SingleThreadWebHarvestProcess.start(SingleThreadWebHarvestProcess.java:46)
at com.workfusion.studio.launch.WebHarvestMainLauncher.launch(WebHarvestMainLauncher.java:108)
at com.workfusion.studio.launch.WebHarvestMainLauncher.main(WebHarvestMainLauncher.java:180)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Error forwarding the new session Request timed out waiting for a node to become available.

rpa-hub-2019-05-16.0.log (149.7 KB)

After upgrading it to 2.3, bot runs only once or twice and start getting the above mentioned issue. Please do the needful. Above error is intermittent in previous version.
Is there a way I can revert back to previous version.

Unfortunately the only way to return to the previous version is only to uninstall current and install previous one after doing backup of your script and business processes.
Could you please advise in which version script worked stable? Is 2.2.3 or another one?
Also please send us all log files from folder C:\RPAExpress\RPA\logs. You can zip them into one archive.

@Lera, thanks for your response.
rpa-node0-2019-05-17.0.zip (19.1 KB)
I’ve uninstalled 2.2.3 and installed the 2.3 version where I lost all the previous logs. Ran the Bot couple of times from Studio. It worked fine the very first time and start giving the same error since then. Attached the logs.

I faced this issue in previous release as well but it was intermittent. This gets solved by stop & start of Bot Manager. I’m using the OCR component and hence cannot go back to the previous version 2.2.3 where OCR was already expired.

I’m very close to my prod deployment. Looking forward for the quick resolution of this error.

Thank you for logs. I see a lot of exceptions that bot cannot find specific window:
Window '[CLASS:ThunderRT6MDIForm; TITLE:CASA Tracker -- CHILD ADVOCATES CASA OF SILICON VALLEY (VMWare Test2)]' is not found. Could you please advise whether this window is available for bot during script execution?
The second question: do you have any clicks on desktop in your script?

@Lera,
That issue you mentioned was during the first run. Bot ran successfully after changing the window name. The pattern I noticed is Bot run 2 times after the computer is rebooted. Fails there after.
Yes, there are clicks like clicking on the image, clicking on the button, checkbox etc. Using the click() function on the element (button, checkbox etc).
Bot fails at the line where the script is

<robot driver="universal" close-on-completion="false" start-in-private="false">

Is there a way I can stop & start the Bot Manager in 2.3?

Hello @bhanubachu.

Unfortunately there is no such option. Only to close RDP windows for additional bots. But they will be restored automatically in a couple of seconds.
I can also advise to increase timeout intervals, perhaps, there is no enough time to load/find the required window by title. You can use option “Switch window timeout” (for Window action) and “Wait up to” (for Mouse Click):

And what exception did you receive in Control Tower? You can download event logs from a business process instance using button “Export to Excel”:

2 posts were split to a new topic: What does the limited features mean in 2.3?

@Lera, issue got fixed after doing a clean installation (not modifying). I will post a message if I notice this issue again.

Regards,
Bhanu

2 Likes

Thanks for update @bhanubachu!

Getting the issue again. I have upgraded to 2.3.1. Attached the code I’m using, datastore file, logs and error from console when run from Studio. Also attached the screenshot of window which I’m automating.
Please do the needful to fix the issue immediately.Session Time out issue.zip (39.3 KB)

Hi @bhanubachu.
Sorry for the delay. Is this still actual?