Changing data automation

Hello, I want to automate with RPA Express a process where I compare payroll numbers in excel, but this numbers change each month. Is this possible with RPA Express?

Hi @jose_motacQiVg

It sounds like a yes :grin:

But if you share your concrete process flow it would be easier to confirm.

1 Like

That is the process, the part that I circled is the data that changes each month, depending on the amount spent.

I dare saying it is still a yes, as you are using predefined formulas (vlookup) in your excel. RPAx can open your Excel and do the same clicks and keystrokes as you would do manually. But the devil is in the detail. I recommend you try creating a script with RPAx replicating the same you would do manually. Then let us know if you run into any problems.

Yes the only problem is on the numbers, not the ones I do with VLookup, there are some substractions that have to give me 0, but this numbers change monthly.

If they are always used in the same way, in the same calculations or fields, their value shouldnt matter. Define them as variables and update their value monthly in an external Excel sheet for example. Your process would read them from that sheet and use it as input data.

That’s the problem, some months there is more data and some months is less data.

Put these values into a table and loop at them until the end of the table. Then you dont have to define how many there are beforehand.

Ok, but once I know how many data exist, what we do is find the data labels that sum a grand total. For example we have in an excel sheet a row with the total of salaries, but in other sheet we have different number that sum that total salary, the later are the ones that change monthly so they have to be looked up manually.

Maybe you can share the sheets so it would be easier to understand the problem. But dont share any confidential personal information. If its salary data make sure no name or ID can be identified.

Sorry, I can´t share the sheets because of confidential policies on the company, but I attach to this reply a 7z file with a video with an example with the same procedure. ejemplo.7z (1.8 MB)

The data from the “Amounts” tab is the data that changed depending on the expenses of the month, so it is never the same and has to be looked up manually to amount 0 in the “SUMS” tab.

Are the amounts to sum up in the amounts tab always in the same column on each month? Do you need to include each row of amounts tab into the sum?
If that is the case you simply need to make a sum of the column and paste the result into the sums tab. Or am I missing something?

They are always on the same Column, but the Salaries SUM in the “SUM” tab is not the only sum to verify, there are many others and the amounts of this others change each month so I can´t only make the SUM of the column.

So in the amounts tab you have an identifies in each row that tells you which item should be included into the sum? And the same identifier for each row in the sums tab? Like the employee ID?

Maybe you can prepare a more complete example to understand the structure of the data.

That’s the problem, there is no identifier for each amount. The items that are included into each of the sums is based on manual experience from the employee, that identifies each amount and alredy knows in which SUM it should be.

So how does he know? If there is not deterministic rule there is no way a robot can do it.

That’s the question, not even a SPA or cognitive robot can do it?

I don’t know the capabilities of SPA in the respect and pass the question to @ashapkina .

@jose_motacQiVg
HI Jose,
as I understood, the data that you use to calculate the sum is always in the same column, so you can use Get column action to copy all values to a list, and then calculate the sum. In this case, it won’t matter that there is a different number of data entries each month.