Computer system requirement

If I only want to create a few bots without deploying them, is RPA Express possible to run when the laptop has 7.88 GB RAM, 2-core CPU and 16GB+ memory?

@jiawei_ma

Your laptop is beyond the requirements, so we can not guarantee, that you can launch RPA Express and work comfortably with it. In any case, you can try to do it.

Please find more details at https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/System+Requirements

I’m an independent consultant who needs to build a a single user computer for WorkFusion development and PoCs.

My questions are:

Is WorkFusion a single thread or multi-thread application? The reason I ask is I was told single thread applications run better on Intel chips and multi-thread applications run better on an AMD processor (I can’t verify this, but this is what I was told by a computer sales person).

What are the limiting resources when developing and running WorkFusion? Is it memory, CPU, graphics card, system bus, disk I/O, OS, etc?

I was thinking about building either a:

Z270 motherboard, with Intel i7-7740, 32GB DDR4 memory, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, SSD
or
X299 motherboard, with Intel i7-7740, 32GB DDR4 memory, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, SSD
or
X370 motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 7 (or Ryzen 5), 32GB DDR4 memory, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, SSD
or
am I completely wrong and need to consider another computer configuration?

I’d appreciate anyone’s thoughts on helping me configure a system.

@fritz
thank you for your inquiry. RPA Express is a multi-threaded application, but when it comes to Bot execution, it runs on a single node in a single thread. As just a single node is available in RPA Express, the multi-threading is not a top concern for your PoC, so you can select Intel.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Your clarification helped a lot.

All the best

@fritz
thank you for your reply.

Please, draw your attention, that RPA Express is a free tool with some limited capabilities. In our flagship product WorkFusion SPA you are free from that boundaries. For example, you may run a number of nodes, and multi-threading is very important in this case. If you need any further information regarding WorkFusion SPA, please feel free to contact our sales team at rpaexpress@workfusion.com.