Control Tower error with multi-step process

I have searched and not found a solution in the Forum. I am using WorkFusion Express 2.4.0.

I can run processes successfully in Control Tower individually, but if I build a business process that contains more than one process, it fails, and each fail for different reasons, fails to mouse click in Excel or in Web. Here’s one that should be straight forward. When I run the process by it self, in control tower, no problem.

When it is contained in the multi-step process below, it errors out opening a spreadsheet.

Here is the error log.

org.webharvest.exception.PluginException: [urn:uuid:D345C653C3C24544ED1586549765056104] robotics-flow executePlugin exception: [nodeId=http://127.0.0.1:15410] com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.PlaybackException: Error executing OpenSpreadsheetAction[id=2,name=Optional[OpenSpreadsheetAction],parent=-1,nextSibling=5,children=[3, 4],arguments=ActionArguments[delay=[0],timeoutMs=[13000],filePath=[${pivot_table_control}],xsi:type=[recorder:OpenSpreadsheetAction, recorder:OpenSpreadsheetAction],pollingInterval=[300],active=[true],awaitTimeout=[5000]]]
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.selenium.RoboticsFlowPlugin.executePlugin(RoboticsFlowPlugin.java:121)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.execute(WebHarvestPlugin.java:125)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BaseProcessor.run(BaseProcessor.java:127)
at org.webharvest.runtime.Scraper.execute(Scraper.java:169)
at org.webharvest.runtime.Scraper.execute(Scraper.java:182)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.executor.LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.executeWebHarvestTask(LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.java:173)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.executor.LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.executeWebHarvestTask(LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.java:116)
at com.workfusion.service.machine.BotRecordExecutionService.process(BotRecordExecutionService.java:171)
at com.workfusion.service.machine.BotRecordExecutionService.process(BotRecordExecutionService.java:142)
at com.workfusion.service.machine.BotRecordExecutionService.lambda$processSubmissionWithAllocationLogger$3(BotRecordExecutionService.java:112)
at com.workfusion.utils.thread.ThreadMonitoringUtils.executeWithAllocatedMemoryCallback(ThreadMonitoringUtils.java:17)
at com.workfusion.service.machine.BotRecordExecutionService.processSubmissionWithAllocationLogger(BotRecordExecutionService.java:112)
at com.workfusion.service.machine.BotRecordExecutionService.lambda$processRecord$0(BotRecordExecutionService.java:95)
at com.workfusion.utils.thread.NamedThreadTemplate.executeWithNamedThread(NamedThreadTemplate.java:10)
at com.workfusion.service.machine.BotRecordExecutionService.processRecord(BotRecordExecutionService.java:95)
at com.workfusion.service.machine.thread.RecordProcessThread.run(RecordProcessThread.java:28)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.webharvest.exception.PluginException: com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.PlaybackException: Error executing OpenSpreadsheetAction[id=2,name=Optional[OpenSpreadsheetAction],parent=-1,nextSibling=5,children=[3, 4],arguments=ActionArguments[delay=[0],timeoutMs=[13000],filePath=[${pivot_table_control}],xsi:type=[recorder:OpenSpreadsheetAction, recorder:OpenSpreadsheetAction],pollingInterval=[300],active=[true],awaitTimeout=[5000]]]
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.recorder.RecorderPlugin.executePlugin(RecorderPlugin.java:98)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.execute(WebHarvestPlugin.java:125)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BaseProcessor.run(BaseProcessor.java:127)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BodyProcessor.execute(BodyProcessor.java:27)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.executeBody(WebHarvestPlugin.java:246)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.selenium.RoboticsFlowPlugin.executePlugin(RoboticsFlowPlugin.java:110)
… 18 more

I appreciate your consideration of this issue.

Thank you
John

Hello @jconklin,

Could you please clarify which actions should implement bot named “B-5 Pivot Tables”? As I see from your screenshot, the first step works fine, but business process failed on the second one.

Please note in my original post that the first image, B-4-Report Consolidation, should have been an image of B-5-Pivot Tables.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for the details. Some more clarifications:

1. What is the file size that mentioned in variable ${pivot_table_control}?
  2. Could you please export to Excel event logs from Control Tower to see the whole stack trace.

5 rows. It doesn’t change, they are settings and parameters that drive the behavior of my process.

Unfortunately, I cleaned up and deleted that run event. Feel free to stop investigating until I recreate the error. Thank you!

Hi Lera,
Here is another example of a process that runs successfully when its run alone in Control Tower (CT), but fails to execute when run when included in a multi-step CT process. Success as a standalone.

It fails when included in this process.

Specifically, it is supposed to select a license from this drop-down list, but fails to find it.

Here is the log. I stopped it after it’s first attempt to run.

events_step_df453bee-819a-46e0-9e63-d0b4741b1547_2020-04-14.xlsx (6.3 KB)

I appreciate your help.

Hi @jconklin,

I see the exception in logs:
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchElementException: no such element: Unable to locate element: {"method":"xpath","selector":"/html/body/div[3]/div[2]/div[1]/ul/li[11]/a/div/strong"}

It can be due to page was not loaded completely and bot couldn’t find the required XPath. I would recommend to increase timeout interval for MouseClick action, then re-publish and try again.

Hi Lera,
I changed what I understood to be the MouseClick timeout interval. Here are the settings:

Unfortunately, it still errors out. Here is the log. Is there another place to change the timeout?

events_step_62d780be-e776-481d-b903-40af32d88db2_2020-04-15.xlsx (6.3 KB)

Thank you for your help!

Thank you.
Actually I would recommend, at first, increasing timeout “Wait before performing this action” to 10 seconds = 10000 ms.
The second question that I would like to clarify whether you use Open Website to open additional links. Because from your screenshot it’s not clear.

Hi Lera,
I changed the timeout to 10,000 as suggested. It still had the same error. Regarding opening web links, it only opens one link and downloads csv files. It’s pretty straight forward.

Here is the error log.

I appreciate your help!
John

@jconklin, sorry, didn’t get error log. Also I’m interested in which XPath you’re entered in Mouse Click action. I see only variable name, so does it mean that you store all your XPaths in variables? If possible try to use relative XPath, not absolute one that like it’s shown in the exception. Here you can find XPath guide.

Thank you Lera,
I attempted and tested many relative XPaths, such as the following samples, but resulted in the same error.

license_control_xpath STRING //[@id="“body_content”"]/div[2]/div[1]/ul/li[2]/a/div/small
license_control_xpath STRING //
[@class=‘ListItem’][@name=‘Fluresh GR-C-000092’]
license_control_xpath STRING //[@class=‘Hyperlink’][@name=‘Fluresh GR-C-000092’]
license_control_xpath STRING //
[@class=‘Custom’][@instance=‘25’]

I tried switching from mouse click on Xpath to click on Text, and it solved this specific issue, and it runs faster.

Thank you for your help! Have a great weekend!
John

1 Like

Back to this issue, here is a fresh repeat of the issue with the error log. Thank you!

events_step_963e1088-1b38-4e80-b4ae-03637eb0d29a_2020-04-17.xlsx (6.4 KB)

Hello @jconklin,

Do you still get the same after you changed your script to click on Text?

Clicking on the text instead of the xpath worked for that BP. I have issues with other bots that run fine when run individually, but run into windowswitching issues, or other issues, connecting multiple bot tasks together in a Control Tower business process. I will do some additional testing before I come back with additional questions. For now, no further responses from you is needed. I sincerely appreciate your assistance.

Have a good day.
John

1 Like

Got it, thank you.