Creating excel file through 'Create File/Folder' Action library

Hi,
I’m trying to create an blank Excel file using ‘Create File/Folder’ Action library with Character Encoding ‘UTF8’ (also tried all other options - UTF16,UTF32, ASCII, ISO 8859-1, ISO 8859-2, Windows - 1252).

When I try to open the file through Excel Library (Open Spreadsheet), I’m getting the below error when running through RPA Recorder.

"Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: No valid entries or contents found, this is not a valid OOXML (Office Open XML) "

Any help in this regard is appreciated. I’m using RPA Express 1.1.8.

Thanks
Jagathesh

I am having the same issue…

@JThangaswamy, @gerhardus_meyer,

please read the documentation carefully: https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Files+and+Folders#FilesandFolders-CreateFileorFolder

The files created with the action are of the Text type (for example, TXT, CSV, HTML, XML, JS, etc.).

Thank you. So, only Text file types support now. Will there be support for non-text files also in the future?

1 Like

@JThangaswamy,

if you want non-text files support added to RPA Express, please vote on this topic to raise its priority.

1 Like

RPA Recorder has great Excel integration functionality and it would be a significant advantage to have a possibility to create Excel files right from the recorder e.g. output files with results.

1 Like

Also, it would be great to have an option to open *.csv files at Open Spreadsheet action

1 Like