Data Entry from Excel File

excel
excel-iteration

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice on how to proceed with automating a process with WorkFusion. I have a spreadsheet below, and I need to automate the data entry of its information into OrangeHRM.

It’s a straightforward process, and I’ve got the actual entry of information to the web application covered (it’s just text entry and clicking). However, I am stuck with retrieving the information from the spreadsheet, as I cannot find a way to iterate through the rows. Retrieving each column and iterating through one does not seem to work, since it will only iterate through that column, which leaves me unable to access the items in the other columns, as the index does not seem to accept variables as parameters (unless it does, in which case I may just be doing it wrong; I have been calling variables as ${var_name}, which works elsewhere):

I don’t seem to understand as well the usage of Get Row; in the documentation the screenshots are iterating against some arbitrary date values. In addition, I also can’t seem to perform mouse and keyboard actions from an Open Spreadsheet action, so simply iterating through each row directly reading from the file is impossible as well.

TL;DR: I’m looking for an intuitive way to iterate through all the rows of the spreadsheet and retrieve all the values for each column, store it in a data type, and iterate through each entry to automate the encoding process.

Hi, @roberto_delgado
Can you please, attach your script?

go to C:\Users\USERNAME\workfusion-workspace\rpae_project
add your recording folder to archive and attach here

@roberto_delgado,

Can you please, attach your script?

go to C:\Users\USERNAME\workfusion-workspace\rpae_project
add your recording folder to archive and attach here