Errors 0x80070057 & 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package - Windows Server 2012 R2

installation
issues

I am updating from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2 and I have error at 99% of installation.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/61e995mo0cit9sw/WorkFusion_RPA_Express_20170618194053_000_WorkFusion_RPA_Express.msi.zip?dl=0

Thanks

RPA Express version 1.1.2 is rolled out

Hi @Guilherme_Gornati7

Thank you for reporting. When you are saying you are getting error with 99% of installations do you mean that you are installing into multiple machines?
Please also allow us a day or two to get back to you with suggestions.

Hello!

I am installing in only one machine. I am getting the error in the 99% of it.

Thanks

Thanks you for quick reply. with 99% my hope is that you were able to install after trying a couple of times.
If not please let us know and we may give you a call to see what’s going on there.

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried already 5 times.

I will keep trying.

Please do not kill yourself. We will try to get help.

too late bro :slight_smile:

Here is what they say

`“An internal error has occurred: The parameter is incorrect: (0x80070057)” might be on account that the registry is at its size limit. A batch of registry keys are created in the folder HKLM\Software\Microsoft\dasetup while installation``

Pretty comprehensive guide http://www.eassos.com/how-to/fix-error-code-0x80070057.php
Please take a look a see if any of these look like your issue. Feel free to report back before try to apply the fix.

Hello,

After looking in the logs I’ve found this:

[0BC0:117C][2017-06-21T20:10:53]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.
[0BC0:117C][2017-06-21T20:10:53]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.
[0A4C:0298][2017-06-21T20:10:53]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to configure per-machine MSI package.

Looking in the forum, they all related to Firewall problems.

I don’t have authority in the company Firewall.

Is there a way to install without it? If no, could you help me righting the text to get this approval?

Thanks

C’mon. I know you guys are better than this.

@Guilherme_Gornati7

this is the list of exceptions for firewall:

RPAExpress Java
Program = @"[INSTALLDIR]Applications\Java\bin\java.exe"
Protocol = TCP
Scope = any
Port = any

RPA Express MySQL

Program = @"[INSTALLDIR]Workfusion\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe"
Protocol = TCP
Scope = any
Port = any

RPA Express Minio
Program = @"[INSTALLDIR]Workfusion\minio\minio.exe"
Protocol = TCP
Scope = any
Port = any

RPA Express Nginx
Program = @"[INSTALLDIR]Workfusion\nginx\nginx.exe",
Protocol = TCP
Scope = any
Port = any

RPA Express Postgres
Program = @"[INSTALLDIR]Workfusion\postgresql\bin\pg_ctl.exe",
Protocol = TCP
Scope = any
Port = any

Hi,

I am also getting same error while installing version 1.1.2

Thanks.

I am still having this error, @amashentsev. I’ve tried to disable the firewall and no luck

I’ve lookup in the logs and found. Any ideas?

Exception thrown by custom action:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.IO.IOException: Source and destination path must have identical roots. Move will not work across volumes.
at System.IO.Directory.Move(String sourceDirName, String destDirName)
at RPASetup.CustomAction.MoveFolder(String source, String target)
at RPASetup.CustomAction.ConfigureBackups(Session session, String targetDir)
at RPASetup.CustomAction.PostInstallSteps(Session session)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)
CustomAction Action2_PostInstallSteps returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

After several attempts, I’ve managed to install, and for sure the problem is related to the installer. @amashentsev

1. Scenario

My machine has 3 HD’s.

C: -> Windows installation/files only (Group Police) - HDD
D: -> WorkFusion installation/files only - SSD
E: -> Fileserver - Workfusion installer - HDD

Installation
ERROR -> I’ve executed the file on the E drive, choose to install on the D drive and got the 0x80070643 error.

SUCCESS -> I’ve run the file on C drive, choose to install on C and successfully installed the WorkFusion 1.1.2

Could you check, correct this bug and, generate a new installer?

Thanks

I had the same error with 1.1.1 and now with 1.1.3… It’s the first part of the install process that gets to 99% before it falls over.

“Try Again” had no effect so I chose to “skip”, and the rest of the install completed ok (I think).

I would have to add that the update mechanism is really very poor - both uninstall (required according to the instructions) and install are v-e-r-y slow. This needs improving imho (and the bugs ironed out, of course!).

AJ