Excel File write using Excel Action library

excel
rpaexpress

Hi,
I need to use Excel Action library for tracking purpose.
I implement a process for read Outlook attachment files.
I need to handle and maintain excel file with following format .

• I copied File name when execution time.
  • Date and time will be get when click on save button.
  • Status is a hard code value if flow is complete it need to fill as a “Success”.
    - If there are 50 files per day, How to maintain and write excel file?

@azinchuk

Thanks Lasitha

It is not clear where is the problem from your description.

We also need your recording and error log

Sorry for that,

• In my Process, I open outlook and read emails one by one, Is there any PDF attachment, I open it and extract the file name and save it into specific file location.this is a loop.
  • That part is already done, But my client need a Execution summary for a audit purposes, Please check image below,There are 3 headers (File Name, Date & Time , Status) .
  • So , If PDF attachment found, I need to Track it on my excel under the “File Name” header.
  • Write current date and time under the “Date & Time” and if execution flow complete. Status will be “Success”.
  • I need to track each and every PDF when email read.

ok, so where have you got stuck?

@azinchuk ,
How to maintain excel file that I have mention early. That is the place now I get stuck,

your actions seem to be right: open spreadsheet, Set Cell Value (Cell below). Then you can set other 2 values using:

You can add an additional check at the beginning of the whole script - to set the currently active cell to A1 or to the last non-empty cell in the first row.

Date variable cannot be visible @azinchuk

This is because we are supporting only strings in Excel right now.

To convert a date variable to string, put it to the clipboard and then read it from the clipboard to a string variable.

We are planning to introduce type conversion in next releases to make it simpler.

@azinchuk it’s perfect workaround . and I faced a another problem . excel is write with wrong format.

any idea to arrange order. it will be my final question :slight_smile:

i want this format,

Have you tried the action Set Active Cell (start of the column) ?

Sorted !!! I used Set Active Cell (start of the raw)

Thanks a Lot @azinchuk <3