Failed to execute Action SwitchWindowAction - Looks to be java related

issues

I installed RPA Express on a 2nd machine since I still cant get it to work on my 1st. The 1st thing I tried to play around with was recording opening chrome and then clicking on 2 links for ESPN and CNN. I tried to play it back and its failing due to what looks like a java error. It says “Failed to execute Action SwitchWindowAction” but then the body says:

Failed to execute Action SwitchWindowAction
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute Action SwitchWindowAction
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.execute(ActionFlowPlayer.java:272)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.processAction(ActionFlowPlayer.java:217)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.lambda$1(ActionFlowPlayer.java:104)
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1249)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.lambda$0(ActionFlowPlayer.java:104)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Hi @Michael_Pedersen

Can you please share details around your script? A screenshot or even a script recorded would help a lot.
Also please try to restart all the components and reproduce this again.

I tried today and received the same errors. All I did was record myself clicking on 2 of my favorites on the favorites bar in chrome. It was the 1st thing I have tried in RPA Express.

@Michael_Pedersen

Thank for the details shared.
Please take a look at training videos at https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Training+Videos
Looks like you need one extra step before “Window” which would be “Launch application” . You can simply drag and drop the action from the panel on the left and select a path to Google chrome with browse function. Please let us know if that helps.