"Find Image" function inside a "If-Else" condition

Hello,

I have a question regarding the “If-Else” condition control in RPA Express Recorder. Basically, what I want to do is I want to test for “user authentication”. So if a user has successfully authenticated on my application, the next step in RPA Express Recorder can be executed and so forth. But if user authentication was unsuccessful, I need the application to go back and re-initiate user authentication until it is successful.

My problem is this: I want to use the “If-Else” condition control and want to test against an image. If a certain image is displayed, the user authentication was unsuccessful and must therefore be done again, until successful.

How do I test against an image when using the “If-Else” control? Where do I find the “find image” control, if there is such a control to use?

Regards,

Cobus Griesel

@cobusg
you can use the Wait for image action (https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Wait) and then use ‘If-Else’ depending on its outcome (true/false).

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have another question. Lets say the user has to do a certain amount of steps over and over until the user authentication was successful… How would I be able to do that? Should I use a “while” loop instead of an “If-Else” control and how would I be able to use this in my scenario?

Hi
I would use a loop until a flag saying you found the image is set to true.
Within that loop you can do all the stuff to authenticate

To avoid infinite loop , try to loop 5 or 10 times and post an error if unsuccessful .