Firefox does not save "Security Exception"

Hi,

I have the following issue in RPA Express (v2.0.1).
I want to automate an internal site that when it’s called in browser (Firefox) the first time throws a security exception for which I manually add a security exception and then I continue to the site and Firefox never bothers me again.
“Your connection is not secure
The owner of xxxxxxxxxxx has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.”

This is not happening in RPAx. Instead the “Open Website” action reports an error even with “wait up to”=30000 msec. After some testing, I found out that I can bypass this by using an exception handling in order to keep Firefox open and continue to the site, by using extra steps to add the security exception.
The issue here is that Firefox is always asking for the security exception and I want to avoid those extra steps when not necessary.
My questions are:

1. Why Firefox does not save my security exception, like it does when running by any other user?
  2. Is there a way to start Firefox (i.e. with custom a script code) and save my security exceptions?
  3. What else can I do to avoid message “Your connection is not secure” that is always displayed only when Firefox is opened by PRAx with action “Open Website”?

Thank you in advance.

When you open a browser using web actions, it creates a new instance of the browser, so it doesn’t save any actions from previous runs, doesn’t save cookies, settings, installed plugins, etc. This way during every script execution it behaves the same.

Although, it might be possible to transfer parameters upon start to open your specific browser.
I’ll get back on details about it tomorrow.

Thank you.
I’ll wait for your update.

Hi @ashapkina,
did you found any info?

Hi @adimitriou,

Sorry for delay.

Is it important to use Firefox as a browser? Can you use Chrome instead?

With Chrome, you can add a capability to bot task to open your default profile, not create a new one each time.

<capability name="chromeOptions">
                                         <script return="chromeArgs"><![CDATA[
                                                import java.util.Hashtable;
                                                import org.openqa.selenium.remote.DesiredCapabilities;
                                                import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeOptions;
                                                ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();
                                                options.addArguments("--disable-notifications");
                                                options.addArguments("user-data-dir=/path/to/your/custom/profile");
                                                Map<String, Object> chromePrefs = new Hashtable<String, Object>();
                                                chromePrefs.put("profile.default_content_settings.popups", 0);
                                                chromePrefs.put("download.prompt_for_download", "false");
                                                options.setExperimentalOption("prefs", chromePrefs);
                                                options.addArguments("disable-infobars");
                                                chromeArgs = options;
                                         ]]></script>
                                  </capability>

In options.addArguments(“user-data-dir=/path/to/your/custom/profile”), replace /path/to/your/custom/profile with the path to your profile (open about:version in Chrome to find it).

Let me know if using Chrome works. If not, I’ll post the solution for Firefox later.

3 Likes

Thank you @ashapkina,
Chrome is not supported, so can you please post me the answer for Firefox?

P.S. Can I use the code above inside a custom script (without the extra tags <script…>) or execute it as Bot task before the execution of my Bot Task (created by the recording) ?

No, you cannot use it in a custom action.

To use it, you will need to export the recording to a bot task and insert it in the bot task config in the capabilities block.

Thank you.
I’ll wait for the Firefox solution.

Hi @ashapkina,
Do you have any updates?