Get Cell Value Issue with Formula

Hello,

I have experienced an issue with Get Cell Value action. It retrieves an empty value from Excel.

The formula of the cell is:
=TODAY()-B5+1 (value is 6)
Where B5 is last Sunday’s date (2019-04-07).

If I change the formula to:
=TODAY()-INT((TODAY()-1)/7)*7 (value is also 6)
so it does not refer to cell B5, Get Cell Value works just fine.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Thanks!

Hi @aluo I just tested it, and it seems to work

Data file

Execution result

Can you share your excel file to test with it?

Also, what version of RPA Express are you using?

Get Cell Example.xlsx (1.3 MB)

Hi there, here is the example file. Cells highlighted in red return empty values.

Also it seems that the issue started to happen after I reset my Excel settings to default. Maybe that caused an impact?

My version is v2.2.

1 Like

Hi @aluo

Thank you for sending the file. I have the same error with it.

There seems to be a problem in apache poi with vlookup formulas with a lot of nesting levels.
We have created a ticket to investigate it, but we are not sure if it is a bug and whether we can fix it on our side.

Hello @ashapkina!
I’m getting this error whit the “get cell value” action. This only happens when I try to get the value of a cell that has a formula, otherwise it works fine. Could be the same problem?

WorkFusion Version 2.4.0

Thank you in advance!!

Error executing GetCellValueAction
com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.PlaybackMultiException: Error executing TemplateAction[templateName=GetCellValueAction.ftl,id=10,name=Optional[GetCellValueAction],parent=8,nextSibling=11,arguments=ActionArguments[varName=[horas_croquis],delay=[0],timeoutMs=[10000],xsi:type=[recorder:GetCellValueAction, recorder:GetCellValueAction],pollingInterval=[300],useCellCoordinates=[true],active=[true],cellCoordinates=[L5],OpenSpreadsheetAction_filePath=[C:\Users\PC68\Desktop\2020-04 LI 1881.xls],awaitTimeout=[5000]]]
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.OpenSpreadsheetAction.execute(OpenSpreadsheetAction.java:52)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.OpenSpreadsheetAction.execute(OpenSpreadsheetAction.java:16)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.player.ActionPlayer.next(ActionPlayer.java:81)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.playNextAction(PlaybackLogic.java:154)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:112)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.ss.formula.eval.NotImplementedFunctionException cannot be found by com.workfusion.studio.dependencies.rpa-api_9.4.0.3
Build info: version: ‘9.4.0.4’, revision: ‘1fbe520b9b’, time: ‘2019-06-20T13:08:57.971Z’
System info: host: ‘DESKTOP-D830KH0’, ip: ‘192.168.43.209’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_121’
Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.internal.CustomWrapper.isCustomWrapperElement(CustomWrapper.java:44)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.JsonToBeanConverter.convert(JsonToBeanConverter.java:218)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.JsonToBeanConverter.convert(JsonToBeanConverter.java:48)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.JsonToBeanConverter.convert(JsonToBeanConverter.java:149)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.JsonToBeanConverter.convert(JsonToBeanConverter.java:48)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.AbstractHttpResponseCodec.decode(AbstractHttpResponseCodec.java:82)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.AbstractHttpResponseCodec.decode(AbstractHttpResponseCodec.java:45)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:164)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:741)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.executeScript(RemoteWebDriver.java:677)
at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Excel.getCell(Excel.java:213)
at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Excel$getCell$4.callStatic(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallStatic(CallSiteArray.java:55)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:197)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:217)
at Script10.run(Script10.groovy:9)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.shell.GroovyShellWrapper.executeScript(GroovyShellWrapper.java:48)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.player.PlaybackContext.executeScript(PlaybackContext.java:108)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.executeBehavior(TemplateAction.java:33)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:46)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:28)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:15)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.player.ActionPlayer.next(ActionPlayer.java:81)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.playNextAction(PlaybackLogic.java:154)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:112)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.ss.formula.eval.NotImplementedFunctionException cannot be found by com.workfusion.studio.dependencies.rpa-api_9.4.0.3
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:419)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:411)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:150)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.internal.CustomWrapper.isCustomWrapperElement(CustomWrapper.java:42)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.JsonToBeanConverter.convert(JsonToBeanConverter.java:218)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.JsonToBeanConverter.convert(JsonToBeanConverter.java:149)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.AbstractHttpResponseCodec.decode(AbstractHttpResponseCodec.java:82)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.AbstractHttpResponseCodec.decode(AbstractHttpResponseCodec.java:45)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:164)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:741)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.executeScript(RemoteWebDriver.java:677)
at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Excel.getCell(Excel.java:213)
at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Excel$getCell$4.callStatic(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallStatic(CallSiteArray.java:55)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:197)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:217)
at Script10.run(Script10.groovy:9)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.shell.GroovyShellWrapper.executeScript(GroovyShellWrapper.java:48)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.player.PlaybackContext.executeScript(PlaybackContext.java:108)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.executeBehavior(TemplateAction.java:33)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:46)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:28)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:15)

Select the cell where you want to enter the linking formula, type = (equal sign), and then click the cell with the constant (text or number) or the formula that you want to bring forward to that cell. Then click the Enter button on the Formula bar or press the Enter key.

1 Like

@mikavm it might be. What formula does the cell have? Does it reference a cell calculated using VLookup?

It’s the =WORKDAYS formula, actually I need to know the workdays of a month and I thought this was the best way. I attached the file because it uses another formulas diashabiles.xlsx (9.5 KB)

Thanks in advance