I have 10 GB of files in pg_xlog -folder generated over time. How to clean them?

Hello,

I wondered what fills up my server’s disk over time and noticed that every day ~128 MB of files is generated in C:\RPAExpress\Workfusion\data\postgresql\pg_xlog

I have only one small business process running on weekdays.

Any recommendations on how to clean them properly? How reduce the amount of stored data in the future?

Thanks in advance!

-Antti

1 Like

Hi @antti_alestalo you can delete these logs regularly, manually or via recording actions.

Just in case, here are some related topics about reducing the size of other generated logs

Just a caution here for RPA Express users that are new to postgresql. The pg_xlog directory is NOT simply a collection of log files. The WAL files in the directory are key to maintaining database integrity. If you just do a bulk delete on the pg_xlog directory, you are likely to blow up your Control Tower. I know, because I learned this lesson the hard way, and had to do a complete RPA Express uninstall / reinstall to get things working.

You can find a good stackexchange article on the topic here: https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/80317/how-can-i-solve-postgresql-problem-after-deleting-wal-files

1 Like