Image recognition errors: EXAMPLES needed

Hi everyone,

We are now actively working on improving surface-based automation for RPA Express.

To improve this feature the best possible way, we need examples of failing image recognition in RPA Express from you.

If you have any examples of RPA Express working incorrectly with images, like:

• image actions fail when resolution changes
  • bot clicks on wrong images
  • the bot doesn’t find the image that clearly exists on the screen, or vice versa

share them here. Please send:

• the target image that you use in the action (the bot has to search, click on)
  • the screenshot of the screen on which the bot has to find the image
  • the image recognition threshold value(Preferences > WorkFusion Studio > RPA Recorder)
  • application or website name
  • your screen resolution

The more examples we have, the better we will manage to improve this feature.

Thank you a lot in advance!

RPA Express team

@sampad_das_PwC2 @Qi_Zhou_Singtel @Darcy @Guillermo_Lasso5 @zanette @Jens_Jespersen5 @CIverson_Terex @Harshit_Jain @quentin_prev @kyle_govender @tilak_patil @timriewe @Bonnero @adimitriou

@kyle_govender - please share your sample where bot recognizes checkboxes/radiobuttons but then stops doing it

Instead of clicking save bot some times click on next button.

1 Like

Even though image is present on the screen , bot fails to click on confirm order button. I have observed that images with lighter background are more stable than darker background images.

for ex.

2 Likes

@nsemwal - Thanks a lot!

Please provide both the target image (used in the mouse click action) and your current screen (where bot needs to find it). And also please tell us the Image detection matching threshold (Preferences > WorkFusion Studio > RPA Recorder)

Can’t find image even with max matching threshold.

2 Likes

Thanks! Which app or website are you using? Seems that icons have low quality (edges of a circle)

It’s an internal web app.

1 Like

I faced the issue of reading text from image in OCR activity…but unfortunately it failed again and again and clients has ended the contract with very bad feedback and also moved to uipath OCR .
So if there will be any improvement in such cases will be most appreciated

@nutan_kadam are you referring to this issue? OCR not running issue
Then it is not related to image recognition. The OCR license has expired and you needed to update to a newer version of RPA Express to be able to use free OCR.

Hi WF,

Please take issue notified in below post as well.

Regards,
Narendra

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: OCR not running issue

9 posts were split to a new topic: Bot doesn’t click on web element

Hi Asha,

“Waiting for image” is not working only for this bellow image in RPA Express Recorder.

Thanks,
Suresh

@pamujula.sureshATgmail.com can you provide more details about this issue:

• the screenshot of the action and target image
  • the screenshot of the screen on which the bot has to find the image

Hey guys,

We’re using an external application that can only be accessed through an RDP session (so we highly rely on image recognition to do our tasks).
[EDIT]
local resolution: 1284 x 800
remote desktop: 1920 x 1080

Target Image to Click:

Note this is only one example out of many – I need to select the Print button and it is captured like this on Workfusion Studio:
(I’ve also tried using static achor images next to the print button to no success.)

Partial Screenshot of the Original Screen:

Image Recognition Threshold (or matching threshold, in my case)

Hope this info helps.

1 Like

Thank you @martina_r

and

Currently it can see the images properly but sometimes it click on the F.O. Admin instead of B.O Admin and this happens regularly every time I am running my recorder script
This is a Java Swing Application.

1 Like

Thank you for the example @bafana_mathenj