In the Recording is it possible to check the folder is existing or not?

Hiii

I want to know whether the folder is existing or not?Iwhile Recording.

Along with that I want to know is it possible to store some documents into a particular today’s date folder?and that date should be dynamically changed.

@tejaswini,

Thanks for a good feature request!

We are planning to implement an action for checking the file/folder existence along with other actions (create, move, delete, copy, etc) in future releases. Please vote for this topic to raise its priority.

Meanwhile, you can run a bat file to check this:

And then OCR or copy the result from console

In the “Check Existance” activity if the folder name contains $ the workflow fails with the below error.

Error executing FileExistsAction
com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.PlaybackException: Error executing TemplateAction[templateName=FileExistsAction.ftl,id=1,name=Optional[FileExistsAction],parent=-1,nextSibling=2,arguments=ActionArguments[path=[D:\ab$c],targetVariable=[say1],delay=[0],xsi:type=[recorder:FileExistsAction, recorder:FileExistsAction],pollingInterval=[300],active=[true],actionDetails=[(‘D:\ab$c’ to ${say1})],awaitTimeout=[5000]]]
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:54)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:30)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:17)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.player.ActionPlayer.next(ActionPlayer.java:53)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.playNextAction(PlaybackLogic.java:153)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:113)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: c for class: Script2
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.unwrap(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:53)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoGetPropertySite.getProperty(PogoGetPropertySite.java:52)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGroovyObjectGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:307)
at Script2.run(Script2.groovy:5)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.shell.GroovyShellWrapper.executeScript(GroovyShellWrapper.java:90)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.player.PlaybackContext.executeScript(PlaybackContext.java:65)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.executeBehavior(TemplateAction.java:35)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:46)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:30)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:17)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.playback.player.ActionPlayer.next(ActionPlayer.java:53)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.playNextAction(PlaybackLogic.java:153)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:113)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

When I escape dollar with ${5}. I get the output as FALSE even if the file exist. Please help.

@azinchuk

Is there a solution to this.

@SN00483157a can you post a screenshot with detail of this action?

I am using Check existence element with the below folder path"D:\abc$"

I am getting error with the $ sign. If i replace the value as “D:\abc${5}”.The script runs without error. but the output is False even if the folder exist.

That’s right, you cannot use $ in the path.

If you absolutely have to use $ in the name of the folder, you can save the name of the folder in a string variable, and use the variable in the path.

1 Like

Wow… thank you so much.

I always do face this problem while creating variables. Couldn’t create it.
can you please help me on this as well

Try using lower case only.
“For variable names you can use alphabetic characters in lower case, numeric symbols and the underscore only. All other characters, such as letters in upper case and special symbols are not supported.”

1 Like

Thank you so much. That worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like