Invalid Signature error when interacting with files

I am encountering an error when running scripts from control tower wherein sometimes when the script attempts either a ‘Read File’ action or an ‘Open Excel File’ action, it fails to return an error saying ‘Invalid Signature’. This only occurs on some runs and it seems likely that one or more of the bot accounts are missing the correct permissions to access these files, unfortunately, I can’t determine more than that without having a better understanding of what the error is trying to express. Is anyone able to give clarification on exactly what is implied by this error message?
Thanks!
-Ethan Morris
RPath RPA Manager

Hello @emorris.
Do you have Control Tower event logs?

I do not have any I can export at present (I generally clear failed runs so I can quickly see issues when loading CT), however the next time the problem occurs I will export the log.
-Ethan Morris
RPath RPA Manager

1 Like

Thank you! Any details are much appreciated.

events_root_ad606ba3-79f7-48ed-888f-45cddb2b6acb_2019-09-12 12_42_37.xlsx (6.0 KB)

This is an example of a CT log from today where this occurred when trying to read a csv file.
Thanks!
-Ethan Morris
RPath RPA Manager

1 Like

Thank you. Could you please clarify whether this file is created during script execution? Or is it created by another program? Can be the situation that this file sometimes is not finished till the moment when script reads it?
The second question - is it stored on shared drive or local?

It is created by another program. It’s highly unlikely it would be unfinished at the time the script is trying to read it but I will look into that question. The file is on a shared network drive.
-Ethan Morris
RPath RPA Manager

I have confirmed that the files are not being interacted with by another user or program when attempting to access them. Is there any documentation on the meaning of an ‘Invalid Signature’ error or what situations may cause it? If I had a better understanding of what the error is trying to tell me I might be able to diagnose the situation more easily.
-Ethan Morris
RPath RPA Manager