Is there a way to schedule the start of workfusion & control tower & all its components?

@ashapkina I found the relevant records in files and changed startup to true, but Control Tower does not start automatically when I start RPA from Desktop icon, like in version 2.0.
We have to change anything else in version 2.1?

@adimitriou make sure you changed all three parameters for Control Tower:

• tomcat (in app.yml file)
  • mysql
  • postgres (both in db.yml file)
1 Like

Yes, that’s what I changed.
But it doesn’t work.

@adimitriou caould you share screenshots of these settings?

app.yml
db.yml

@adimitriou thank you.
Please make sure you have saved the modified files, restart the computer and start RPA Express again. If Control Tower still doesn’t start by default, let me know.

Saved files again (to be sure).
Power Off.
Start and it works!

@ashapkina Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Glad it helped!

Hi Ashapkina
Can you specify which files I need to alter - I installed version 2.1.5 in the beginning of december 2018
Best regards,
Michael Callisen

You need to change these files:

C:\RPAExpress\RPA\wfagent\settings\app.yml
C:\RPAExpress\RPA\wfagent\settings\db.yml

Hi Ashapkina,

I just updated to version 2.2 - is it still these files?

Best regards,
Michael

Yes, the same files

Starting from version 2.3.0, you can set Control Tower and other RPA Express components to start automatically in the background every time you start the system.

To do it, you need to enable the mode “Always running” in the Components tab in WorkFusion Studio.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: WorkSpace unavailable, Control Tower has no button to start it

Hi Workfusion,

What to do when you lose the remote desktop session - that happens all the time in version 2.4.0?

Best regards,
Michael

@mc1 perhaps, you have the policy to disconnect the RDP session if it is idle

Hi Ashapkina

This makes sense, however does that prevent the BOT from running when using the Control Tower?

I assume that it prevent the BOT from running but if that is not the case then I guess it is not important if I receive this error.

Can you elaborate on this issue?

BR Michael

If the RDP connection is active at the time the BP is executed, it shouldn’t prevent it from running.

When did you install the Business (Pro) version and start the grace period of RDS CALs?
Perhaps, it has expired.

https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/RDS+Licensing+and+Multiple+Bots+per+Server

Hi Ashapkina,

We have updated the setting like described in this link which seams to work https://ozitpro.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/rdp-session-keeps-disconnecting/

The version has expired but is running 1 bot at local host hence it should still work.

BR Michael

Then it shouldn’t be the problem for starting your business processes. Can you share the BP error log?