Issue with business process in Control Tower in latest version

Hi,

I have a problem with a process in the control Tower. I have 3 processes which are working fine in workfusion studio, but not in the Control Tower. After I publish the process to the control Tower, then I copy the process (under the run feature), however I get this error when I execute the process:

HITID: 28
Describtion

Step name ‘StdCostStart’ has failed. Reason: 'org.webharvest.exception.ScriptException: Config line 13: single-column block org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script26_genScript_36.groovy: 13: the continue statement is only allowed inside loops @ line 13, column 1.
continue
^

1 error

Please let me know what to do because I’m have no clue. I already tried to restart the server but that did not help. Should I reinstall the latest version of RPA Express, or is this a know error?

I look forward to hear some suggestions.

Best regards
Michael Callisen

Hi Michael, can you export and share the error log of the BP? It contains the whole error text.

Hi Ashapkina,

I just realized that some of the process are working but not all of them. Normally I copy an of project and rename it … could that cause the issue when you export to the Control Tower?

I also attached the error log.

PS The version of RPA Express is version 2.2 from the 6 of Jan (Not sure if you already released a new version already ;-))

Bes tregards,
Michael
events_root_34c9c572-d26c-4987-914e-a9aa6c5b2b29_2019-02-08 09_08_58.xlsx (10.5 KB)

Did you publish the bot task from the Code perspective in the Studio?

Can you share the code of the bot task that fails, too? We’ll have a look.

Thank you.

Hi Ashapkina,

I can forward the project without any problem, but the bot does not fail when I execute the it from the Studio only from the Control Tower. Also worth to note is that there is not input file in the Control Tower configuration because the bot read files from the drive (using the build Excel features etc.)

Do you still need the sourcec code and some of the folder incl input files to be able to execute it on your side?

Personally I think I’m doing something wrong when I publish the bot task, without knowing what it is

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael.
Could you please share your script from Studio and business process package from Control Tower?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Valeryia,

It turns out that the process which is not working, works fine when I copy the content of the process to the Control Tower. However not when I create a process which executes multiple process.

Execute process A then process B and then Process C

I Tried creating the execution process in the Control Tower and add the processes (the drag and drop feature under draft). I also tried to publish an empty process to the Control Tower and update the draft by adding process A,B and C.

However the result is the same, which was not the case in the previous version.

Do you have a simple Example where this works or can you get that to work in the current version? In my opinion then it’s basic deployment stuff which should work, but untill it’s working I will have use a file to determine where is the flow the BOT is.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael, do we understand correctly that you have 3 bot tasks, and when you publish them to Control Tower and run each of them separately, they work correctly, but when you combine then into 2 business process with 3 steps, you get the error above?

Hi Ashapkina,

Yes I have 3 bot tasks which can execute fine, but when I create a new bot task in the Control Tower to control when they are executed (the order) then I get the above error.

This is 100% an issue with the Control Tower not with the bot task configuration from the studio :wink:

PS you have a guide showing how this is done for RPA Express so it should to work. Until then I will be forced to use and Excel sheet where the Bot determines which task to execute next. However this is not good that your scheduler cannot handle, so I look forward to your answer.

Best regards,
Michael

@mc1 can you send the business process in which you get this error so we try to reproduce it?
Thank you.

Hi @mc1 we will not be able to reproduce this issue and fix it (if there is one) if we don’t have your business process.

Also, what do you mean by a bot task to control the execution of other bot tasks?
Can you share this task?

Hi Alesia,

Imagine that you create a bot task in the studio which work fine (any task will do). Then you create another task in the studio which also works fine (again any task will do). Both task are published to the Control Tower.

Now you create a new business process in the Control Tower which has a start pointing to the first bottask (one of the bot task you just published to the control tower) and that task points to the 2 bot task that you published to the control tower which points to the end activity.

This business process should work be will not execute correctly and I don’t understand why. I am 100% sure this is an error in the Control Tower reg. this feature, but how can I send you the task … it’s not created in the studio?

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

For the record then I can execute the task that I have published to the Control Tower and when they are executed as a scheduled business process within the Control Tower … but I cannot create a business process which control the execution flow of my bot tasks … that is why I have created this ticket.

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

So you don’t have a new bot task, but you have a business process that consists of 3 tasks that you published from the Studio, right?

According to the error log, the process fails because of the continue statement.

Caused by: org.webharvest.exception.ScriptException:
Config line 13: single-column block
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script26_genScript_430.groovy: 13: the continue statement is only allowed inside loops
@ line 13, column 1.
continue
^

Is it used in a custom action in one of the bot tasks?

Hi Alesia,

Your image is correct. However when I execute the bot task in the Control Tower … one by one or with the scheduler, then I don’t get any error.

My question is simply - does the above work for you with any bot task that you create … can you confirm that?

1. is there an issue with the continue statement which is different depending on how the business process is executed within the Control Tower?

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

1. if you do believe that the above work for you then please share 3 simple bot tasks (dirt simply one are OK … “Hello word” is fine).

Then I can verify it within the Control Tower, because so far I could not do that whith any of the bot tasks that I tested this with.

I came to the point where I execute all the bot task and use an Excel sheet to control where you are in the give flow … that is not OK but my workaround until you fix this issue.

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

Yes, if the bot tasks use the same data (variables), so the data is transferred correctly from task to another, the above should work correctly.

We are not aware of this issue so it would help if you could provide more details about where it is used.

Here is a test process consisting of 3 bot tasks that should work on your machine.
test process.zip (8.0 KB)

Hi Ashapkina,

Great I will test it within the next few days

Best regards,
Michael

1 Like

Hi @mc1 did you have a chance to test it?

Hi Ashapkina,
Not yes but I’m starting 2 new RPA project this week where I will test this once more, but on the newsest version of RPA Express.

Best regards,
Michael

1 Like