Java Error when trying to run RPA Recorder

issues

Hi,
I tried to install RAP Express twice and got same error.
After first instalation I updated Java for version 1.8 but the secont try was same problem.
Any Tips on how fix it?

@peloewenthal - please check the amount of available RAM and post it here.
BTW which version of RPA Express are you using?

Hi. I have total memory 8Gb, free before Worfusion run, 4,2G
RPA Express version 1.1.1-beta

With BotManager it drops to 3G.
I got the error even without any other app running

Has your installation ended successfully?

No and I have tried 3 times. Last one (today) I remove Java and installed latest version 64bits and reinstalled Workfusion
Same error.

Hi, @peloewenthal, can you, please, clarify, how did you get an error from the screenshot?
If installation failed, how did you get the recorder?

Also, if your installation failed, can you please, send the log file

It should be located in
C:\Users${USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Temp

There should be a file, smth like: WorkFusion_RPA_Express_20170412103249_000_WorkFusion_RPA_Express.msi.log
(usually around 80mb)
You can add it to archive and attach here

Hi. The instalation went fine. The error occours when trying to start RAP recorder.
Attached the latest register from workfusion.WorkFusion_RPA_Express_20170612103200.log (21.5 KB)

We are selecting the RPA we would like to implemente in our company and I would very much appreciate to have workfusion working ASAP

Thanks for the support

@peloewenthal

1. Is it a virtual machine? What windows are you using (version + bit)

2. Please, go to ${INSTALL_DIR}\Recorder
    there should be a log file, smth like hs_err_pid.log
    and attach it here

3. Go to C:\Users${USER}\workfusion-workspace
    Add to archive whole .metadata folder and attach it here

1. No. This Is a notebook Latitude 6430u with 8GbRAM+240GB_SSD Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
  2. There is no file with this name in RPAExpress directory and subfolders. (List of Logs files attached here)
  3. There is no such subfolder in my user folder. There is no .metadata files in RPAExpress folder or subfolders aswell

Obs: I have no admin rights and had this installed by helpdesk

@peloewenthal
Do you have a tray menu?

Can you start any other components, like OCR, CT

Hi. Yes I have the menu. I could only start BOT Manager and OCR. When I try to run control tower, It keeps trying to run iindefinitely

@peloewenthal

go to C:\RPAExpress\Recorder
and run eclipsec.exe

and send us screenshot of the result, please

It seems working now.
below I paste the prompt messages for your verification.

12:20:11,881 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [ASYNC_PLAYBACK_FILE_JSON] to Logger[com.workfusion.studio.
rpa.recorder.model]
12:20:11,882 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.LoggerAction - Settin
g level of logger [com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.robot] to DEBUG
12:20:11,882 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.LoggerAction - Settin
g additivity of logger [com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.robot] to false
12:20:11,882 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [ASYNC_PLAYBACK_FILE] to Logger[com.workfusion.studio.rpa.r
ecorder.robot]
12:20:11,882 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [ASYNC_PLAYBACK_FILE_JSON] to Logger[com.workfusion.studio.
rpa.recorder.robot]
g level of logger [com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer
] to DEBUG
g additivity of logger [com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowP
layer] to false
12:20:11,883 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [ASYNC_PLAYBACK_FILE] to Logger[com.workfusion.studio.rpa.r
ecorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer]
12:20:11,883 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer]
12:20:11,883 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.LoggerAction - Settin
g level of logger [com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.handlers] to DEBUG
12:20:11,883 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.LoggerAction - Settin
g additivity of logger [com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.handlers] to false
ching appender named [ASYNC_RECORDING_FILE] to Logger[com.workfusion.studio.rpa.
recorder.handlers]
12:20:11,884 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [ASYNC_RECORDING_FILE_JSON] to Logger[com.workfusion.studio
.rpa.recorder.handlers]
12:20:11,884 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.LoggerAction - Settin
g level of logger [com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowRecord
er] to DEBUG
12:20:11,884 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.LoggerAction - Settin
g additivity of logger [com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowR
ecorder] to false
12:20:11,884 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [ASYNC_RECORDING_FILE] to Logger[com.workfusion.studio.rpa.
recorder.processor.ActionFlowRecorder]
12:20:11,885 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [ASYNC_RECORDING_FILE_JSON] to Logger[com.workfusion.studio
.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowRecorder]
12:20:11,885 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.RootLoggerAction - Se
tting level of ROOT logger to INFO
12:20:11,885 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [STDOUT] to Logger[ROOT]
12:20:11,886 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Atta
ching appender named [FILE] to Logger[ROOT]
12:20:11,886 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.ConfigurationAction -
End of configuration.
12:20:11,886 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.JoranConfigurator@7c668779 -
Registering current configuration as safe fallback point

Also, I tested a very simple record and got the following error when tried to run it. Not sure if due to same problem or not.
Here is the print

Hello,

I am getting this error when I launch RPA Recorder. I have W7 64 bits, 8GB RAM and 20 GB free space.
Can someone help me, please?

Tks!

Hey,

We’re also seeing a similar Java issue on a few Windows 10 machines:

The install worked successfully, we have the 1.1.1-beta version.
Ram is at 4gigs free.
Not using a virtual machine.

I do get the following error when running eclipsec.exe from C:\RPAExpressRecorder:

Thanks.

Hi, @felipe_fonseca
This caused bu lack of resources for JVM
Please, try to close other applications, or reboot computer and then start it again

Hi, @Craig_Shyjak, Please, send us your recorder.ini file,
that is located in
C:\RPAExpress\Recorder

-vm
C:\RPAExpress\Applications\Java\bin\javaw.exe
-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.201.v20161025-1711.jar
–launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.401.v20161122-1740
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
-Xms512m
-Xmx1024m
-Declipse.log.level=WARNING
-Dfile.encoding=UTF8

@Craig_Shyjak, is your install directory C:\RPAExpress\ ?