Launch website issue with IE11

Hi Team,

I am new to RPA express, started my first process and am unable to open IE11 website as it keeps on throwing the below error.

**Unexpected error launching Internet Explorer. Protected Mode settings are not the same for all zones. Enable Protected Mode must be set to the same value (enabled or disabled) for all zones. (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)**
**Command duration or timeout: 600 milliseconds**
**Build info: version: '8.5.0-SNAPSHOT', revision: 'unknown', time: '2017-08-01 09:01:44'**
**System info: host: 'IBASE116', ip: '192.168.203.116', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_121'**
**Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver**
**Command duration or timeout: 1.03 seconds**
**Build info: version: '8.5.0-SNAPSHOT', revision: 'unknown', time: '2017-08-01 09:01:44'**
**System info: host: 'IBASE116', ip: '192.168.203.116', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_121'**
**Driver info: com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper**
**Capabilities [{imageSimilarityThreshold=0.8, webdriver.remote.sessionid=639adf78-ca96-423b-ae59-edd7db0d2b31, CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS=false, browserName=universal, takesScreenshot=true, javascriptEnabled=true, SEARCH_ALL_WINDOWS=true, platform=WINDOWS}]**
**Session ID: 639adf78-ca96-423b-ae59-edd7db0d2b31**
**  org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Unexpected error launching Internet Explorer. Protected Mode settings are not the same for all zones. Enable Protected Mode must be set to the same value (enabled or disabled) for all zones. (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)**
**Command duration or timeout: 600 milliseconds**
**Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver**
**Command duration or timeout: 1.03 seconds**
**Driver info: com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper**
**Capabilities [{imageSimilarityThreshold=0.8, webdriver.remote.sessionid=639adf78-ca96-423b-ae59-edd7db0d2b31, CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS=false, browserName=universal, takesScreenshot=true, javascriptEnabled=true, SEARCH_ALL_WINDOWS=true, platform=WINDOWS}]**
**Session ID: 639adf78-ca96-423b-ae59-edd7db0d2b31**
**  	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)**
**  	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)**
**  	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)**
**  	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)**
**  	at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)**
**  	at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)**
**  	at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:646)**
**  	at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.get(RemoteWebDriver.java:284)**
**  	at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.openIE(RPA.java:453)**
**  	at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.action.web.OpenURLInIEAction.openUrl(OpenURLInIEAction.java:20)**
**  	at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.action.web.AbstractOpenURLAction.executeAction(AbstractOpenURLAction.java:33)**
**  	at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.action.ActionWithDelay.execute(ActionWithDelay.java:27)**
**  	at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.execute(ActionFlowPlayer.java:317)**
**  	at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.processAction(ActionFlowPlayer.java:256)**
**  	at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.lambda$1(ActionFlowPlayer.java:120)**
**  	at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1249)**
**  	at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.lambda$0(ActionFlowPlayer.java:120)**
**  	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)**
**  	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)**
**  	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)**

I tried changing all the protected mode settings and it doesn’t work.
Am able to open the URL in Firefox and here my next action is to take a screenshot by using keyboard shift+prtscn, its not working when Firefox browser is active.

Thanks,
Mrudula

Open website action not working (RPA express 1.1.8)

Hi, @mrudulak
Can you please send folder with your recording here?

Hi Kevich,

I have attached the folder. Please review it. One query regarding screenshot capturing, i read in a post that work fusion is not able capture a screenshot, is this resolved?

Workfusion.rar (74 Bytes)

Thanks in Advance,
Mrudula

@mrudulak
Archive is empty

Workfusion.rar (110.4 KB)

Try to turn ON protected mode in ALL Internet Explorer Zones (Security Tab in IE settings)

Same error is thrown even after making changes in IE11.

IE11 screenshots.rar (1.5 MB)

@mrudulak,

The ‘enable protected mode’ should be disabled for all zones

Sasha ,

I have unchecked the check box under security tab and i still see the same error.

have you restarted the IE after this?

Yup, i have closed my IE browser and reopened by deleting the cookies.

please check this guide: WF-ConfiguringInternetExplorerforRPA-090817-1237-8768.pdf (361.4 KB)

@mrudulak,

Have you followed all the instructions from the guide above? What are your results?

I have tried, but no luck. Am using Firefox now, but not able to capture screenshot using printscreen.

@mrudulak,

please try to do the following:

1. go to C:\RPAExpress\RPA\registry
  2. run the settings-ie.reg file

It has thrown below error

Can you run it as Administrator?

@mrudulak,

Were you able to run the reg file as admin?

Maybe you need to request additional permissions from your IT dept?

Hi @mrudulak,

Have you succeeded?

Sasha,

Apologies for the late reply.

I have succeeded and am able to run my process on IE browser.

Many thanks for the help.

Regards,
Mrudula