Most basic question - how to save new RPA scripts?

I have created several bots, but am not clear about how to save these projects. I have created a “My projects” folder and have tried saving the entire project, but I do not seem to be creating the bot icon in the file list that subsequently allows me to launch the bot.

Apologies for such a basic question - can someone please explain in full the new bot-file saving and existing bot-file editing/saving process?

Thanks

Hi Tom,

It’s OK to have basic questions - we were all newcomers once :wink:

When you create a new recording, its folder is automatically created and saved in C:\Users\user\workfusion-workspace\rpae_project, which is your default work-space folder.
You can see all recordings in the Medial files panel in the recorder, where you can open the files for execution/editing.

media-files

Note that the recording file has to have .rpae extension.
Recordings are saved automatically.

Thanks ashapkina.
The thing is, I don’t see the round bot icon in my folder for the project in Media files pane. So if I close it in the Actions Flow pane, when I come back to it, I don’t know how to launch the bot.

Thanks
T

I guess it is because the file doesn’t have .rpae extension.
Just add .rpae to the file name, and you will be able to open it in the actions flow again.

rename-file

Starting from version 1.3.0, RPA Express will add it to the file’s name automatically, so there won’t be such issues any more.

1 Like

Hooray!!
That’s been causing me all sorts of issues, as I kept having to start over with my projects each day.
And yes - a very worthwhile enhancement to 1.3.0!
Thank you so much.
T

1 Like