Mouse click to accept dynamic coordinates

mouse-click
coordinates

Hi,

Mouse click issues. I set them all here as they are much relevant to each other.

I try to use variables as X and Y when I use Mouse Click with coordinates, but it seems that WF only accepts fixed numbers. Is there a way to use dynamic values for that?

Also, is it possible to click outside the captured image?
E.g. I have a logo image and I know that a variable hyperlink is shown 100 pixels below this image. Can I use the logo (standard image) and say that I want to click at an offset of Y+100, where Y is the number for the bottom part of the captured image?

And a last one, can I get the current coordinates of the mouse somehow?

P.S.: All this with the condition that the general problem with the mouse clicking in a wrong place while using coordinates is be solved.

Kind regards,
Dimitrios

@dimitrios_nt
Hi Dimitros,

Here are answers to your questions:

1. No, you cannot use dynamic values as coordinates, only fixed numbers.
  2. In such case, you can capture the whole image, but only use the logo as the anchor area. RPA Express will not look for any images outside of the anchor area, but will click there according to the settings.
  3. There is no option to get the current coordinates of the mouse.

Alesia

Many thanks for the clarifications @ashapkina !

Then how do you use the coordinates ? (find the x & y)

Janus, when you record a mouse click and then change the settings of the action from “Click on image” to “Click on coordinates”, the coordinates are defined automatically.

Hi, the Co-ordinates just end up clicking on other places and not where you set them from the image click. when changing to coordinates it doesnt work

@nontobeko.mlambo We had a bug with coordinates in the previous releases. It has been fixed for RPA Express 2.0, which will be officially released tomorrow.

@nontobeko.mlambo The bug with coordinates has been fixed in RPA Express 2.0.