Not able to access the variables that is declared as 'Number'

Hi,
I am currently using Workfusion RPA Express Version 1.4.0-beta.
i defined some of the variables & declared their datatype as ‘Number’ and its default value is setted as ‘0’.Please find the attached screenshot as below,

In the pdf Activity (Enter keystrokes->Text from variable->variable to type text from), cannot able to access only those variables in the drop down list which is declared as ‘Number’.
Please find the attached screenshot as below,

Is there a way to access the variable(i.e) ‘Number’ type. Could you Please advice?

@malathy.r You can only use string variables in the Enter keystrokes action.
You could use Number Format action to convert it to a string, and then use this string in the Enter keystrokes.

hi @ashapkina,
yeah it works…it is accessible in the dropdown list. But there is another issue occurring.
My usecase is to extract the value from pdf document through OCR activity and writing the value into the Tally Application.
The variables which i firstly declared as ‘Number’ and then converted into String,after entering this activity(variable to type text from) at run-time, Enter keystrokes({Enter}) is not working.
It is just processing to write all the activities in the single activity itself.
(Mainly in-between Enter keystrokes({Enter}) is not working).

Please find the attached screenshot as below,

Could you please advice?

Thanks & Regards,
Malathy R

@malathy.r So if you copy-paste the data manually and press Enter it works, but once it is done by bot, it just copies all the data in one stroke and Enter doesn’t work?
Does it show any error?

@ashapkina Yeah manually it works…
But in workfusion, Actions Flow are in active only.
At run time,the actions flow started executing from the initial state and successfully ended to the final state. Mainly, Enter Keystrokes({Enter is not working})
While executing,it doesn’t throw any error.

hi @ashapkina,
I have tried the following,
(i) When i used, Enter keystrokes ‘Type text option’ by giving value, Enter is working.
Please find the screenshot as below,

(ii) When i scraping the text that is declared as ‘String’, that also Enter is working.

But the ‘Number’ type that is converted into ‘String’, then the Enter is not working.

Could you please advice?

@malathy.r Can you post your recording here to see the details?

@malathy.r Could you post your recording here because I still don’t understand the difference in the actions. Can you share the screenshot of the action after which Enter doesn’t work?

hi @ashapkina,
Please find the sample recording here,
pdfautomation_sample.rar (44.1 KB)
wordpress-pdf-invoice-plugin-sample.pdf (42.6 KB)

This usecase extracts the value from pdf document through OCR activity and writing the value into the Tally Application.
So, need to set up tally configuration to run this code.

Thanks & Regards,
Malathy R

hi,
This issue has been solved. It is mainly due to some junk symbols before the resulting string of the text.

Thanks & Regards,
Malathy R

1 Like