Not able to enter keystrokes in web browser

I have some Enter Keystrokes actions nested inside of an Open Website action. The bots fails on these Enter Keystroke actions, with the below error message:
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchElementException: Element “” doesn’t exist on the window ‘com.workfusion.autoit.drive.DesktopWindow@6a2acc43’

Hi @joe.turner could you share your recording script to try to reproduce the issue?

Hi @ashapkina, I have attached the script below.

Basically the bot is going to a website to download a pdf file. Then it enters the file name in the “Save As” window. Then it does a “Switch to Browser” action and opens an html file in a local folder. It fails on trying to execute keystrokes (Ctrl+A) in the html file.

script.txt (2.9 KB)

Hi @ashapkina, I should mention that this works in a Windows 7 environment, but it is not working in a Windows 10 environment.

Thank you Joe,

Before using keystrokes, try switching to the browser window using Window action

Hi @ashapkina, it works. Thank you!

1 Like

Glad it helped!

Could you please check what does this below error mean? (Image below) What should i do to solve it?
I created some keystrokes in the loop. In the first time, it run smoothly, but i the second time it stops at the first row of the loop.
Have tested many time but cannot find the reason.
error.txt (7.7 KB)
error1

Hi @annguyen you need to switch to the window before typing there as shown above.

Thank you so much for helping. Solved!
However, in some next steps, the bot does not make any bug but the window app seems like stop moving so that why the bot cannot interact with the app.

Hi, could you please let me know what does this error mean? How can i solve it?

The session times out because the wait period is too long.
You can read how to solve it in this topic