Not able to install the RPA express on amazon workspace

Hi All,

I am not able to install RPA express on amazon workspace. I have double checked with IT support but they couldn’t identify from the logs could someone help me on this. Attaching the log for your reference.

EliotRPA_Logs.zip (414.2 KB)

Hi Could someone help me resolve this issue?

Hello @eliot,
Have a look at your logs. The only I can say that something in your environment is blocking port 8200 and one of application components cannot be installed due to this. That’s why the whole installation failed.
Please see the error message:
Error initializing listener of type tcp: listen tcp 127.0.0.1:8200: bind: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

We recommend to open local port 8200 for incoming connections from local machine - Installation preconditions.

Hi Lera,

Appreciate your support on this. Could you explain more briefly like which could be source and destination my local port needs.

Sorry, cannot advise on this. This exception may be related to the firewall settings or your organization policy or even with account permissions. But unfortunately cannot advise any details.

Dear @eliot,

The fix for this issue was provided in the latest version 2.4.2, please refer to this topic - Intelligent Automation Cloud 2.4.2. is released!