OCR error. message=License file does not exist

issues
ocr-license

ocr-task.log (19.4 KB)

Error on Performing OCR Action (cannot read license file)

Does this file exist on your file system?

No, but I have SWAO-1121-0006-1977-2657-6278.ABBYY.LocalLicense here at C:\RPAExpress\OCR\Licensesocr-task.log (3.5 KB)

There should be 2 files:

Please re-install RPA Express if you do not have the ocr-rpax.license file.

Error executing OcrAction

Ok. I downloaded again and installed RPA express. Now I have the license file but giving a different error “Error when try initialization of Abbyy OCR engine”

Including log file: ocr-task.log (3.8 KB)
ocr-rest.log (42.2 KB)

Why does the FAQ for RPA Express state the following when the above solution would supposedly provide us with access to OCR capability?
I need to know if WorkFusion has a solution or if I need to go looking for someone at ABBYY for a license.

"Is there a need to budget for any other cost associated with running RPA Express aside from the “free RPA product” such as maintenance or other licensing (i.e. OCR)?

OCR is currently available in RPA Express as a bring-your-own-license capability. The only other budget considerations for running RPA Express would be infrastructure costs for the server where it would be installed, if a server deployment is desired (RPA Express can also be installed on a desktop)."

Link to FAQ:
https://www.workfusion.com/rpaexpress-faq

@arobinson17slZ,
The OCR license provided with RPA Express has limitations (30 days; 10,000 pages). In case users need more capabilities, they can purchase their own license.

From whom? ABBYY?

@arobinson17slZ,

In case you need more pages, you can contact rpaexpress@workfusion.com.

i am getting error --License file does not exist in my logs.
I have located my license file and it does not have two files–ocr-rpax license file is missing.
Is there some way I can get it?

@danish_waseema
Hi Danish,
In such cases, you can copy ocr-rpax.license file from RPAx installation archive to C:\RPAExpress\OCR\Licenses folder.
However, the current OCR license for RPAx 1.1.8 has expired. We are releasing a new build that will have a new license.

Ok i have done that.
but now another error is coming when I am reading a pdf it says-OCR task has failed --it also takes a lot of time when ocr action is called.
Sometime it says image is not captured.
Can you tell me is there any way I can know that the anchor and capture image I have selected are valid and it will work.?

@danish_waseema The OCR license has expired. We are releasing a new RPAX 1.1.9 build, you’ll be able to use OCR there.

Ok -when will it be released? Also I am trying to open a pdf file from desktop by setting the image ,with first try it works fine and file is opened successfully but when I go else where and start the recording then image capture fails and gives error -Image does not found… then I load the image again and It works.
Can you identify whats the issue.

@danish_waseema we are planning to release it today.
Please share your recording here so we have a look.

@danish_waseema the new RPAx 1.1.9 is released: RPA Express 1.1.9 is rolled out

Hi, I have now installed the new version of RPAX. I uninstalled the previous version and restarted my computer before installing the new version. I now have 1.1.9 installed.

Now I get a new error (technically the same error) but I think due to a different problem. It tells me the license file does not exist. How do I fix this. I have checked the folders for licenses previously mentioned and i have the file SWAO-1121-0006-1977-2657-6278.ABBYY.LOCALLICENSE in both of them (in the OCR folder and the FineReaderEngine folder).

I tried uninstalling workfusion and reinstalling, but the error persists.

Error executing OcrAction
  com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.PlaybackException: Error executing TemplateAction[templateName=OcrAction.ftl,id=2,name=Optional[OcrAction],parent=1,arguments=ActionArguments[varName=[test3],imageName=[C:\\Users\\Christian\\workfusion-workspace\\rpae_project\\recording-1513168776941\\1515770089295-anchor-1515770089413.apng],fullImageName=[1515770089295.png],xsi:type=[recorder:OcrAction, recorder:OcrAction],pollingInterval=[300],active=[true],offsetX=[661],varType=[java.lang.String],offsetY=[231],delay=[0],width=[192],actionDetails=[(to 'test3' rectangle 661 x 231)],height=[30],awaitTimeout=[5000]]]
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:54)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:27)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:14)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.player.ActionPlayer.next(ActionPlayer.java:55)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.playNextAction(PlaybackLogic.java:153)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:113)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
  Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: 403 Forbidden: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><error><message>License file does not exist: Licenses\ocr-rpax.license</message></error>
Command duration or timeout: 1.23 seconds
Build info: version: '8.4.4', revision: 'e73f2bf5fc565c545ea6913c92cce4c1a2b8f871', time: '2017-12-04 13:17:22'
System info: host: 'DESKTOP-AD8S37V', ip: '192.168.1.31', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_121'
Driver info: com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper
Capabilities [{imageSimilarityThreshold=0.8, webdriver.remote.sessionid=cdecedf5-5857-4ea9-ae90-b5ca945759ce, CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS=false, browserName=universal, takesScreenshot=true, javascriptEnabled=true, SEARCH_ALL_WINDOWS=true, platform=WINDOWS}]
Session ID: cdecedf5-5857-4ea9-ae90-b5ca945759ce
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:646)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.executeScript(RemoteWebDriver.java:545)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.executeScript(RPA.java:720)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.executeGroovyScript(RPA.java:768)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Ocr.proccessImage(Ocr.java:90)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Ocr.proccessImage(Ocr.java:35)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Ocr$proccessImage.call(Unknown Source)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:113)
      at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:2)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.shell.GroovyShellWrapper.executeScript(GroovyShellWrapper.java:67)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.player.PlaybackContext.executeScript(PlaybackContext.java:70)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.executeBehavior(TemplateAction.java:32)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:46)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:27)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:14)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.player.ActionPlayer.next(ActionPlayer.java:55)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.playNextAction(PlaybackLogic.java:153)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:113)
  Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.remote.ScreenshotException: Screen shot has been taken
Build info: version: '8.4.4', revision: 'e73f2bf5fc565c545ea6913c92cce4c1a2b8f871', time: '2017-12-04 13:17:22'
System info: host: 'DESKTOP-AD8S37V', ip: '192.168.1.31', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_121'
Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:138)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:646)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.executeScript(RemoteWebDriver.java:545)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.executeScript(RPA.java:720)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.executeGroovyScript(RPA.java:768)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Ocr.proccessImage(Ocr.java:90)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Ocr.proccessImage(Ocr.java:35)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.Ocr$proccessImage.call(Unknown Source)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:113)
      at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:2)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.shell.GroovyShellWrapper.executeScript(GroovyShellWrapper.java:67)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.player.PlaybackContext.executeScript(PlaybackContext.java:70)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.executeBehavior(TemplateAction.java:32)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:46)
  Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler$UnknownServerException: 403 Forbidden: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><error><message>License file does not exist: Licenses\ocr-rpax.license</message></error>
Driver info: driver.version: EventFiringWebDriver
      at com.workfusion.desktop.driver.ocr.impl.OcrResponseErrorHandler.toException(OcrResponseErrorHandler.java:40)
      at com.workfusion.desktop.driver.ocr.impl.OcrResponseErrorHandler.handleError(OcrResponseErrorHandler.java:31)
      at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponse(RestTemplate.java:667)
      at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:620)
      at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:580)
      at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.postForEntity(RestTemplate.java:407)
      at com.workfusion.desktop.driver.ocr.impl.OcrClient.processImage(OcrClient.java:140)
      at com.workfusion.desktop.driver.ocr.Ocr.proccessImage(Ocr.java:49)
      at com.workfusion.desktop.driver.ocr.Ocr$proccessImage$0.call(Unknown Source)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:125)
      at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:8)
      at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:585)
      at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:623)
      at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:594)
      at com.workfusion.autoit.driver.AutoItDriver.executeScript(AutoItDriver.java:218)
      at com.workfusion.autoit.driver.AutoItDriver.executeScript(AutoItDriver.java:187)
      at com.workfusion.universal.driver.UniversalDriver.executeScript(UniversalDriver.java:139)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
      at org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver$2.invoke(EventFiringWebDriver.java:81)
      at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy3.executeScript(Unknown Source)
      at org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver.executeScript(EventFiringWebDriver.java:202)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.handler.ExecuteScript.call(ExecuteScript.java:54)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultSession$1.run(DefaultSession.java:176)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

@cvo
Hi Christian, do you have ocr-rpax.license file in C:\RPAExpress\OCR\Licenses folder?
If it is missing, you can just copy it there from the RPAx installation archive. That should solve the problem

Hi. I cannot seem to find the ocr-rpax.license in the installation Archive. Where should it be located?