OCR with error to extract data

ocr
issues

Dear all, hope you’re fine!
I’m trying to create a robot to read a PDF file. I’m trying to use the OCR function.
The steps:

1. This is top of the PDF page

2. This is the OCR setup
    I’ve put the anchor at the top (the part that is always the same), and the capture region is the “booking number”

3. This is the job:
    Minimize all windows, open the PDF file and finally try to capture some content from there.
    I’m putting the results in a String variable.
    ac

4. When I run it, this is the error (at step 3)

Failed to execute Action OcrAction
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute Action OcrAction
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.execute(ActionFlowPlayer.java:311)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.processAction(ActionFlowPlayer.java:256)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.lambda$1(ActionFlowPlayer.java:120)
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1249)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.lambda$0(ActionFlowPlayer.java:120)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1. My RPA Express is this

Thanks in advance!

@trajano_leme Trajano, the OCR license for version 1.1.4 has expired. The current version is 1.3.0, it has new OCR license valid till April.

Oh! I got it. So, what I supposed to do? To install the version 1.3.0? If yes, I have 2 questions:
a) How to install it? Should I uninstall first the previous version and then, install the new one? Or I can overwrite it?
b) By the end of april we’ve 40 days. After that, what will happen? A new version, or a extension of the license will be available?

Yes, you need to install the new version.
Actually, the current license will be valid till April 1, then we will release a new version of RPA Express with a new license, and you need to update to it in order to use OCR.
Right now, you need to uninstall the previous version in order to install a new one.

Ok. All robots I’ve created will work properly over the new updated version? Or it demands some adjustments?

It is hard to say.
We have had several changes. For example, you cannot use variable item in the for each loop now (it will work in the recorder but not in Control Tower). Now, we use the variable element by default. We had some other changes.
It depends on your scripts whether any changes will be required, but you will most likely have to do some adjustments.