Problems with browser cookies

I’m using RPA Express 1.1.9 and have problems getting RPA Express to accept browser cookies for several websites. Therefore I would like to open the website without incognito mode / private mode but the option is grayed out in the “Open website task”.

I’m using Firefox portable version (did not update it from the installation).

How can I around this without using launch application because I need to use XPath to get and set values on the website?

I can see that the option to select or deselect incognito mode is not available in this version of RPA Express. I also noticed that it’s not a problem RPA express to make an on click event to accept cookies for some websites, but for the one I need then it’s a problem.

I hope you can help me so cookies are not a problem when using when using “Open website”.

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

Hi Michael,
Portable browsers that are currently used in web actions do not save user settings, so in case there are cookies on the website they have to be accepted each time. What exactly is the issue with the website you need to use, are there some issue with xpath?

Hi ashapkina,

It a problem for some websites but not for all websites, but here (www.boliga.dk) is an example which use cookies and which I cannot load using the Open website task.

If I try to use an onclick task for accepting the cookies then it doesn’t work. Maybe it’s because the website is programed in a way so Xpath does not work … I cannot tell.

On my installation of version 1.1.9 only Firefox portable version is working together with Open website task, so it’s the only one I use.

I can see that you grayed out the incognito mode for the task “Open website task” but would it be possible to start the task “Open website task” using - private to get around the problem (I think that works if you open a browser using std. application)?

Best regards,
Michael

Enabling/disabling incognito mode is currently unavailable in RPA Express.

Xpath //*[@id=“CookieInformationDialogBodyButtonAccept”] should work for accepting the cookies on www.boliga.dk.

Thanks, that all I needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ashapkina,

Which browser RPAexpress are you using because on 1.1.19 it does not work.

Best regards,
Michael

Well on my installation (1.1.9) it’s does not work.

Best regards,
Michael

Sorry, try this one: //a[@id=‘CookieInformationDialogBodyButtonAccept’]

In case it doesn’t work please copy and send the error log.
Thank you.

Hi Ashapkina,

Here is the log file (I can only get the web action to work with firefox … no idea why IE doesn’t work).

Best regards,
Michael

Error executing OpenURLAction
  com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.PlaybackException: Error executing TemplateAction[templateName=OpenURLAction.ftl,id=1,name=Optional[OpenURLAction],parent=-1,children=[2],arguments=ActionArguments[delay=[0],xsi:type=[recorder:OpenURLAction, recorder:OpenURLAction],pollingInterval=[300],waitTimeout=[10000],active=[true],actionDetails=[(http://www.boliga.dk/)],url=[http://www.boliga.dk/],openUrlType=[FROM_URL],awaitTimeout=[5000]]]
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:54)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:27)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:14)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.player.ActionPlayer.next(ActionPlayer.java:55)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.playNextAction(PlaybackLogic.java:153)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:113)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
  Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting for page load.
Build info: version: '8.4.4', revision: 'e73f2bf5fc565c545ea6913c92cce4c1a2b8f871', time: '2017-12-04 13:17:22'
System info: host: 'WIN-L56423O0QC2', ip: '185.114.37.90', os.name: 'Windows NT (unknown)', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_121'
Driver info: driver.version: unknown
Command duration or timeout: 20.74 seconds
Build info: version: '8.4.4', revision: 'e73f2bf5fc565c545ea6913c92cce4c1a2b8f871', time: '2017-12-04 13:17:22'
System info: host: 'WIN-L56423O0QC2', ip: '185.114.37.90', os.name: 'Windows NT (unknown)', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_121'
Driver info: com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper
Capabilities [{imageSimilarityThreshold=0.8, webdriver.remote.sessionid=900aa78d-54e6-4d1b-9e78-256a6eb20f51, CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS=false, browserName=universal, takesScreenshot=true, javascriptEnabled=true, SEARCH_ALL_WINDOWS=true, platform=WINDOWS}]
Session ID: 900aa78d-54e6-4d1b-9e78-256a6eb20f51
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:646)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.get(RemoteWebDriver.java:284)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.openFirefox(RPA.java:459)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA$openFirefox$1.callStatic(Unknown Source)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallStatic(CallSiteArray.java:56)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:194)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:206)
      at Script2.run(Script2.groovy:3)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.shell.GroovyShellWrapper.executeScript(GroovyShellWrapper.java:67)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.player.PlaybackContext.executeScript(PlaybackContext.java:70)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.executeBehavior(TemplateAction.java:32)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:46)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:27)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.execute(TemplateAction.java:14)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.player.ActionPlayer.next(ActionPlayer.java:55)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.playNextAction(PlaybackLogic.java:153)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:113)
  Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.remote.ScreenshotException: Screen shot has been taken
Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:138)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:646)
      at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.get(RemoteWebDriver.java:284)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.openFirefox(RPA.java:459)
      at com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA$openFirefox$1.callStatic(Unknown Source)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallStatic(CallSiteArray.java:56)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:194)
      at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:206)
      at Script2.run(Script2.groovy:3)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.shell.GroovyShellWrapper.executeScript(GroovyShellWrapper.java:67)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.player.PlaybackContext.executeScript(PlaybackContext.java:70)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.action.template.TemplateAction.executeBehavior(TemplateAction.java:32)
      at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.model.playback.flow.StandardControlFlow.execute(StandardControlFlow.java:46)
  Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting for page load.
      at <anonymous class>.Utils.initWebLoadingListener/<(file:///C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/2/anonymous3346504731758557778webdriver-profile/extensions/fxdriver@googlecode.com/components/driver-component.js:9071)
      at <anonymous class>.WebLoadingListener/e(file:///C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/2/anonymous3346504731758557778webdriver-profile/extensions/fxdriver@googlecode.com/components/driver-component.js:5142)
      at <anonymous class>.WebLoadingListener/<(file:///C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/2/anonymous3346504731758557778webdriver-profile/extensions/fxdriver@googlecode.com/components/driver-component.js:5150)
      at <anonymous class>.fxdriver.Timer.prototype.setTimeout/<.notify(file:///C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/2/anonymous3346504731758557778webdriver-profile/extensions/fxdriver@googlecode.com/components/driver-component.js:625)

Michael, the problem is in the Open Website action.
Try increasing the timeout for the action.

Hi Ashapkina,

I tried to increase it with 100000 ms (for the first webaction to load) but the same result. 1 out of 10 it finishes step 1 but then fails in step 2.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Ashapkina,

I’m not sure if it’s because of how the website is built or if it’s because I cannot turn off incognito mode. However, it would be cool to have the choice in future version :wink:

Best regards,
Michael