Problems with reading string from Excel

Hi Workfusion

I often run into the problem that a bot miss some character when a value from a cell in Excel. It is normally the case when I store this value in a variable and use that variable later on in a search on the internet.

From time to time the bot is missing a character in the variable but it’s random. I always try to make the files fairly small to avoid this issue. However, it still happens once in a while, is there any news on when this error will be corrected/fixed?

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

Hi @mc1 does it miss characters when it reads values from Excel or does it miss it when it types what it has read in the browser?
You can check the result log to see it.

Hi Ashapikina,
In that case it would most likely be when it type in the characters in the browser, but I will have to look into that next time I see it happen (only happens some times when you loop through things in Excel).

Assuming that it’s related when the BOT type the value in a browser, is there a fix for that?

If not then I only have the possibility to create extra logic try to catch this error but that will not always be possible.

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

1 Like

It is not a fix, but if the issue is with typing, you could use these workarounds:

• use Web element action to paste the data on the page
  • use Clipboard and Ctrl+V to paste the data

Hi Ashapkina,

Normally I uge the Mouse with a Xpath reference and then type the variable in that web field. Do you think that if I copy the variable to the clipboard and paste it in using ctrl+v would work as a workaround?

Best regards,
Michael

The best way to insert the data in the browser is by using Web Element action (Set value). In this case, you don’t need to use an additional Mouse click, Web element action finds the field by XPath. Have you tried using it?

Using Clipboard will work as a workaround here, but you will need to use more actions in this case (mouse click, clipboard and enter keystrokes).

1 Like

Hi Ashapkina,

Notet that the webelement work better, I will test that when I see the problem again. When I don’t use the webelement then I use the mouse with Xpath + keystrokes … I guess it’s here where you have the error.

I will update the thread when I figure it the trick works :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

1 Like