Receiving Error: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was STRING at line 1 column 1

Hello,
I have a Workfusion Studio Recording that I am attempting to run through control tower. This recording works fine when run directly from WorkFusion Studio but when run from Control Tower I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was STRING at line 1 column 1’

Has anyone seen anything similar to this before who could suggest what error I might be making?
Thank you!
-Ethan Morris
ETL and Automation Manager
Telogical Systems

Hi @emorris

Could you please share the details of the action that fails and the full error log (you can export it to excel and paste here)?

events_root_54f37dd6-a3b5-4137-8cb9-3d8c867b0741_2018-08-13 12_11_34.xlsx (10.5 KB)
Cox SMB Addresses Full.csv (477 Bytes)

Attached are the error log and the input file I am using, the forum does not seem to allow the upload of .RPAE files or I would include the recording as well. It does not specify a step on which it fails, it seems to occur before any actual steps are completed.
Thank you!
-Ethan Morris
Telogical Systems

You can zip the folder with the recording and attach the zipped archive here.
If you don’t want to share your recording in a public topic, you can send it in a private message.

Cox SMB Bundles Main Page.zip (7.9 KB)
Excellent, thank you for explaining!
-Ethan Morris
Telogical Systems

Thank you @emorris

I have briefly reviewed your script.

Most likely, the error is caused by the name of one of the variables - source.
It is a reserved groovy word, so it is better not to use it as a variable name.

Try changing the name of the variable and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Also, you can make a number of improvements to the script:

Script action (step 31): it is always better to write the code as in the samples in the user guide, with input and output data.
But you can actually replace this step with an Expression action from the Actions library. The result will be the same.

I also noticed that in step 2 you don’t have the file extension in the path. I guess the name should look like in step 54: C:\Cox SMB\Cox SMB Bundles Main ${marketcounter}.xlsx

I hope it will help

Thank you! I implemented all the changes you recommended and it resolved the issue. I very much appreciate your help.
-Ethan Morris
Telogical Systems

1 Like