Recorder Script File not showing up while publishing to control tower

issues

#1

Hi, I have finished recording couple of different scenarios. I can see respective media files under rpae folder…However, while publishing to control tower by any means shows no recorder script file in the list…


#2

@Sandeep_Varma - please add more details, screenshots and your script files will help us a lot


#3

Thanks…it goes like this…

  1. I was able to record my actions.
  2. I wanted to publish this to control tower…so i clicked on ’ Publish to Control Tower’ tab.
  3. I got a window which asks me to name the process…i did it…

Issue: I do not see anything in second option…i.e

I tried few steps mentioned in forum. However, it didn’t help.


#4

Hi, @Sandeep_Varma, Can you please show a script (or attach here) Your project, that you are trying to export?

Same behavior applies to all of your scripts, or just this one?


#5

This is happening with all of my recordings. Do I need to do anything to generate script…I have just recorded my actions and didn’t save/run anything else?

Here’s the content from the file…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<recorder:ActionFlow xmi:version=“2.0” xmlns:xmi=“http://www.omg.org/XMI” xmlns:xsi=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance” xmlns:recorder=“http://www.workfusion.com/recorder/v1.1.1” ignoreDelays=“false”>

</recorder:ActionFlow>


#6

Hi,

After comparing it with templates, it seems that script is not generated in my case.

Here is the difference…between template & my recording…

Any guess why is it not getting created automatically?


#7

@Sandeep_Varma
Probably, when you created new project, you accidentally removed file extension .rpae

Thats why you have a file Test_Project in your folder without extension


#8

Hi,

Yes, I removed the default name completely and renamed it without an extension. Its working now. Thanks a lot for your support. However, renaming older ones are not creating scripts automatically


#9

I had the same problem. Control Tower was runing and the recording worked fine.
I renamed the file with “.rpae”, it created a new file that I then moved in to the folder where it was missing.

You can see the problem I had in the GIF, bad resolution thoug because they wouldn’t alow for more than 3 MB of file size to be uploaded:

Seems like the RPAE thing is an important and easy to miss thing.