Recorder Variables column disappeared

Hi guys:

I was resizing the Recorder Variables columns in RPA Express in order to read them and managed to move the Type column over to the left which made the Name column disappear. When I hover over the column edge I don’t get the double headed arrow which allows me to resize them again.

I uninstalled RPA Express and reinstalled it hoping it would reset the column widths to its default setting but that didn’t work. As of right now I can’t add new variables to any BOT.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Phil A.

Hi @phil_archer!
Try to reset perspective by right click on Recorder Perspective icon:

Hi Lera:

That did not work.

Phil A.

Did you try to close the window and then re-open it through menu Window - Show view - Recorder Variables? Is it similar behavior?

Hi Lera:

I closed the Recorder Variables window and re-opened it as you suggested and I’m still unable to select the Name column.

Phil A.

Thanks @phil_archer.
Let’s try from another side. Please switch to another workspace in your Studio menu File - Switch Workspace. You can select some of the existing one or create new folder.
Then create sample script or download from “Welcome” page one of our samples and check how your window with variables look.

1 Like

Hi Lera:

The new workspace is showing the Recorder Variables correctly.

Phil A.

1 Like

Cool :slightly_smiling_face:. So let’s copy to this new workspace all your scripts from the old one. I will let know our development team about this issue with columns.

Hi Lera:

Done. I’m back in business.

Thanks.

Phil A.

2 Likes

Welcome! :grinning: