Remove last actions in Excel

Hi,

In this step in the process, we want to use Tab and Comma options. The problem is that in Convert text to columns was open the way it was the last time. This will mean that the Tab and Comma already is ticked in. Does anyone know if there is a way to clear previous actions in Excel so that the boxes Always are empty? Otherwise, we can´t see the RPA process will work properly.

BR
Tomas

Hi @tomas.axelsson.
Does this window appear when you converting CSV file to XLS?

Hi Lera,

No. This is when we are working the file format (showed in print screen). We want the robot to perform text to columns and convert text. It works fine as long as the boxes are not ticked in each of these steps. But the problem is that the steps the robot does, ticking in boxes are saved for some reason so the next time we want the robot to do the steps the boxes are already ticked. This casuses problem and we are not sure how to solve this

1 Like

Thanks for clarification. You can try to use Exception Handling or Conditions with Wait for Image action to process situation when boxes are ticked.
For example, you add “Wait for Image” with the image when both options are ticked. If bot finds the same picture, it will just skip steps for ticking boxes and go further.

You can find good example of using such approach in our Example - Contacts Recognition and Upload to Salesforce Workflow. I would recommend to have a deep look at this sample, you can find a lot of tips that you can use in your own recordings.

1 Like

Hello @tomas.axelsson.

Did advise above help you?

Hi,

We need the robot to understand several different options of images. For example one image could be that only Tab is ticked etc. So in this case if True, then only click c (Comma) and Else, wait for new image and so on. Please check our printscreen if you can see why it is not working.

We have created different Variables for each image with type Boolean. Is that correct?

Updated image

@tomas.axelsson you didn’t set the time during which the bot should look for an image in the Wait for image actions. Perhaps, this is why the workflow doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hi,

We added 10 seconds to ”Wait for image” and now it seems that the robot is checking the image. However, when the image is true, it doesn´t perform the actions under “Then”.

We are using this Variable for the robot to recognize the image.

Hello @tomas.axelsson.
So what exactly robot does after flag is true? Does it go to “Else” section? Are you sure that image is correct?

Hi,

If we got the settings correct, the robot should move to the “Then” stage after recognize this image and perform the following steps:

This is the full image:

Thank you. To be honest, not sure that you set your image right. What is your anchor and capture regions on this image? What do you want that bot should recognize? I assume that you want the bot goes to “Then” section in case of only delimiter Tab is ticked. So in this case, you should check if screen contains this image:image. If it contains, your variable should be true and after that bot should go to “Then”.

Hi,

So we have changed the Anchor and now it looks like this. In this case, the image is not “true” (because when the robot opens “Convert text wizard” only Comma is ticked). It should go to “else”, but it doesn´t, it thinks that this image is true.

@tomas.axelsson try increasing the image recognition threshold in the Preferences in WorkFusion Studio.

1 Like

HI Thomas . I used this feature of excel through Bot. What i did is i used Other box instead of anything else. I was having same issue like you.

Step 1 : click Other
Step 2 : : Keyboard action - backspace (in order to clear what it had in past)
Step 3 : Keyboard action : Press Comma (in my case)
Step 4 - Mouse click action - Press Finish.

It is working very well. I am using in For each loop.
Let me know if it works well for you as well

Thanks Sonia

1 Like