RPA Bot unavailable in WF Studio

Hi,

I have installed just the Studio component of RPA Express & while trying run bot task I am getting below error

Robot location has not been defined. Please define it in workfusion properties

Thanks,
Niharika

Hi @niharika_jaikumar do you use Studio with SPA, or is it RPA Express?
Please share the screenshot of the error.

@ashapkina

I have installed WorkFusion Studio Component Only of RPA Express. Should we install RPA Component separately for the BOT task to execute?
This is error from logs
Robot location has not been defined. Please define it in workfusion properties
Thanks,
Niharika

Yes, you need the RPA component for bot execution of RPA scripts.
You can read details in the KB: https://kb.workfusion.com/display/WF/Using+WF+Studio#UsingWFStudio-RPAScripts

There is an RPA folder which gets created when installing WF studio. However if I start the Hub & Node it does not start up & shuts down immediately

Thanks,
Niharika

@ashapkina
So the RPA folder provided as part of RPA Express Installation does not help. We need to install RPA package seperately. is that correct?

Thanks,
Niharika Jaikumar

If you downloaded RPA Express from the website and installed it, it installs all required components, including RPA, and you shouldn’t install any additional components.
When you launch it, Hub and Node are started automatically - you don’t need to start them manually.

When do you get this error, when you try to play a script in Studio?

@ashapkina Yes I get this when I try to play a script. I have downloaded RPA Express from website, but have installed only WorkStation Component . I can see a folder RPA in installation path but scripts do not run.

If I install Server + Workstation, everything runs perfectly. Issue is with Workstation only Installation, where in RPA needs to be installed separately Not sure if I am missing anything here.

Thanks,
Niharika

With Workstation, RPA component is installed, too.

During the Workstation installation, do you connect it to SPA Control Tower?

Nope. I just give a dummy value as localhost

1 Like

Hello @niharika_jaikumar. Could you please provide screenshot what you see in tray menu, specifically for Bot manager row? Also, could you please provide archive with log files from folder C:\RPAExpress\RPA\wfagent\ ?

1 Like

Hi @valeryia_rabchykava attached is RPA tray screenshot . Unable to upload wfagent logs, if possible pls share an email id to which I can send logs

Thanks,
Niharika

1 Like

even i’m getting the same error, while running the robotic flow. Could you please help here

Hi @wasim_c_akramf.

Do you mean this exception: Robot location has not been defined. Please define it in workfusion properties?

@wasim_c_akramf Please check Bot Relay Url in Run->Runconfiguration (OR) Server Profiles.

In C:\RPAExpress\RPA\rpa-grid, hub.json check the port number (“port”: 15444,) .
Bot Relay Url - http:\localhost:15444\wd\hub worked for me

2 Likes

Not working for me, is there any other step to do ?