RPA Express 1.1.4 OCR issues

ocr
issues

Dear all,

we’ve found and fixed the issue with OCR, please re-download and re-install RPA Express.

Important note
For your current recordings with OCR Action you should redefine the anchor area (change the coordinates). If it does not help, delete your current OCR actions, then add them again and set both Anchor and OCR areas.

OCR - not capturing the right data

So now text area corresponds to the original image!

Is this a universal issue?

Could you elaborate the issue and the impact of it?

I downloaded 1.1.4 on 6/Aug and the OCR is working fine.

it is strange that OCR in your 6/Aug version works fine. The problem was with the OCR area. For example, if you have set it in the image center, the actual text recognition is made from the left side of the image.

I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 on 6/Aug
The ocr works fine with 1.1.2 scripts

@Qi_Zhou_Singtel,

you are lucky!

But I advise you to create a test recording from scratch in 1.1.4 and verify if OCR works correctly

Created a test recording from scratch - it OCR different area rather than the one i selected…

then this is indeed very strange that it works well for my scripts 1.1.2

OCR is not working for me in latest as well as old version. Not sure where the issue is

its not working for me also…

@amashentsev
OCR not working even for the updated version…

I am also getting following error (Error executing OcrAction): not able to run OCR for simple data extraction. I am using 1.1.4 beat

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: OCR task has failed : taskId=9 status=ProcessingFailed tries=1
Command duration or timeout: 144.30 seconds

@mjayaweera

the OCR license for 1.1.4 has expired already. If you want to continue using OCR in RPA Express you should update to the latest version (1.1.6).