RPA Express version 1.1.2 is rolled out

Important note: You must upgrade to this version to continue using the OCR in your recordings and Control Tower, as of today the OCR license in previous versions expires.

New in this version:

• Internet Explorer in Open Website
  • URL defined as a variable in Open Website
    and more…

Read more at https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Sunbird+1.1.2

Use your permanent download link to download the new version, or re-register with the information you provided during the initial registration to get the link.

If you are new to RPA Express and want to get the download link, go to http://www.workfusion.com/rpaexpress and get registered.
You will get a message with the link to download. This will be your permanent download link, so keep the message to download updated RPA Express in future.

Please feel free to leave your comments here.

The link seems to be corrupt
Edit: better now thanks

I have re-registered as per your email to me but I still have not received any download links for the RPA Express. where to find it?

@jayg
Did you get the link for RPA Express 1.1.1? If yes, you can use that link, it’s your permanent download link.

Can you share a release map or something similar that shows what new features are in work and when we can expect to see those features?

Thanks!

Got the message above with the new 1.1.2 version : “Workfusion RPA Express setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error”.

Any idea how fixing this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

I have same problems as others, OCR license file corrupted, wizard ended prematurely etc. When do we get working package?

Same OCR license error. Update, please.

@Guilherme_Gornati7, @Timo_Haataja8, @tonyom
can you check and share here the content of the version.txt file from the extracted items of RPA Express installation package.

build=216
version_number=1.1.2
version=Sunbird
timestamp=Wed 06/14/2017 16:41:37.81

build=216
version_number=1.1.2
version=Sunbird a

@Timo_Haataja8, @tonyom, @Guilherme_Gornati7
thank you for the information.

As you are installing the version 1.1.2, double check the following steps:

1. Extract the installation package on a local drive, where you have full access rights.
  2. Do not use network or shared folders to install RPA Express.
  3. Extract the content completely. Do not use Compressed Folder Tools.
  4. If you have RPA Express already installed, follow the instructions in How to update RPA Express Guide.
  5. If all the above steps are observed, please collect and send the installation logs as described in https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Troubleshooting#expand-Installationlogs

I have an interesting observation and it looks like a bug to me. Version in Help/About shows 1.1.1-beta but when I check the version txt file in the unzipped folder from the download I see 1.1.2. I installed on 6/14. Unclear to me which version I have but looks like I have 1.1.2 and the Help splash screen is incorrect. See my screenshot and dump from the version txt file

build=216
version_number=1.1.2
version=Sunbird

I’ve done again following this steps and have the same error.

I’ve opened a topic with my logs here: Sunbird 1.1.2-beta Updated Installation Failure 0x80070057 & 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package - Windows Server 2012 R2

Thanks

@nik_mithani
you are right, the version on the splash is incorrect, but the package is 1.1.2

Hi there, it is a new feature in 1.1.2 to auto close any windows opened by RPA recording? For example, I wrote a batch file to open chrome and go a certain website. When the recording ran finish, the Chrome window auto closes when i do not want it to do so.

However, when I link my different recordings together on control tower., this does not happen. The auto closing gets frustrating when troubleshooting RPA on the recorder first.

Hi @zanette,
You can go to Window > Preferences > RPA Recorder as described here: https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Preferences and uncheck the box for “Close windows after script completion”.

Hi @pooja , Thank you.

I went to check and found out that my box is unchecked by default but the window closing still persists…

@zanette
please note, that the option does not work with the Launch Application or Open Website actions.
It prevents from closing the windows/applications invoked with mouse clicks or keyboard actions (Win+R).