RPA Express - WorkFusion tray menu icon

issues

How do we add the WorkFusion tray menu to the task tray in Windows ? I seem to loose this icon with Windows restart/ updates and I am not sure how to get this added again .

If we don’t have the WorkFusion tray icon - What is an alternate option to open Platform Monitor , Open RPA Recorder , Open Control tower ?

Not able to launch

@manjari.srivastava1 - please check this topic - https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Platform+Monitor

or just start typing “RPA Express” in your start menu

Thank you for your reply. I am able to get to RPA Express Recorder again , but when I try and play a recording , I get the error that Bot Manager is not running . How do I restart it from RPA Recorder window ?

How do I add the WorkFusion tray icon back - because it so convenient to use this with options to open platform monitor , control tower etc in one place .

see Unable to connect with Robot - Error

Thanks . How do I start the Bot Manager if I don’t have the tray icon ?

I verified that the host file has the required entries as per the post you directed me to .
The error message exception for me seems different than what is posted there . “UnreachableBrowserException” - What could be causing this issue ?

Unable to connect with Robot

org.openqa.selenium.remote.UnreachableBrowserException: Could not start a new session. Possible causes are invalid address of the remote server or browser start-up failure.
Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824’, time: '2016-03-15 10:43:46’
System info: host: ‘OCLT70454357’, ip: ‘10.74.91.249’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: '1.8.0_121’
Driver info: driver.version: RemoteWebDriver
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:633)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:212)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:94)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:121)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper.(RemoteDriverWrapper.java:44)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.initDriver(ActionFlowPlayer.java:142)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.play(ActionFlowPlayer.java:96)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.views.PlayerControlWindow.lambda$8(PlayerControlWindow.java:176)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

@manjari.srivastava1
Try to do the following:

1. Backup Registry
    Go to Start > Run (or Windows-key + R), type in regedit and hit OK. Before doing anything else, backup the registry.

2. Navigate to the key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify
    Delete the values IconStreams and PastIconsStream.

3. Restart Windows Explorer
    Open up the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), go to the Processes tab, select explorer.exe and click End Process.
    Open the Applications tab and click New Task at the bottom-right of the window.
    In the message box that pops up type in explorer.exe and hit OK.

4. Start RPA Express either using your desktop icon or from the start menu.

Please let us know if it helps.

Team,

I am getting the following error. “Unable to connect with Robot”.
Have tried all the options on the forum yet it does not work. Please help!

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824’, time: '2016-03-15 10:43:46’
System info: host: ‘LT075052’, ip: ‘10.255.5.7’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: '1.8.0_121’
Driver info: com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:646)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:212)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper.(RemoteDriverWrapper.java:44)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.initDriver(ActionFlowPlayer.java:166)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.play(ActionFlowPlayer.java:113)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.views.PlayerControlWindow.lambda$8(PlayerControlWindow.java:168)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

I am unable to find TrayNotify. Able to reach CurrentVersion.

Please suggest a way out. thanks

Ashish

@Ashish_Gupta
this solution you should try, if you do not see any icons in the tray

Thanks! appreciate your help! Could you please see my other post and suggest a solution.

I had run it as an administrator but it did not work. Now I did it again, closed RPAExpress and restarted. Still getting the following error:

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824’, time: '2016-03-15 10:43:46’
System info: host: ‘LT075052’, ip: ‘10.255.5.7’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: '1.8.0_121’
Driver info: com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:646)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.initDriver(ActionFlowPlayer.java:166)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.processor.ActionFlowPlayer.play(ActionFlowPlayer.java:113)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.views.PlayerControlWindow.lambda$8(PlayerControlWindow.java:168)

@Ashish_Gupta
check in the RPA Express tray menu, if your Bot Manager is started as described here
https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Troubleshooting#expand-Recordingisnotplaying

Bot Manager is running with 1 node @amashentsev

@Ashish_Gupta
please provide the log files as described here
https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Troubleshooting#expand-ControlTowerlogs

Is it safe to send the Report.zip What data would these reports have.
I do not want to be on the wrong side of company while sending this data. Is there a workaround please?

@Ashish_Gupta
RPA Express logs contain the information about events and messages, produced by RPA Express components, and short list of the system properties as in your post. No sensitive information is included. It’s safe to send them out to WorkFusion.

Workfusion tray icon is missing from windows tray bar after system got restarted/updated. I am also not able to open express from “RPA express” desktop icon. And when I tried to uninstall express it shows error.

Hi,
Where you installed rpa go to that location and the RPA Then wfagent then logs-rpax then delete metrics,status-agent,status-agent-error and status-agent-process text files.Then go to c:\RPAExpress\Recorder\configurations\org.eclipse.osgi.manager and delete .fileTableLock file.
Then again try to open Rpa express…it should work.and if it will not work reinstall again…
Restart the system and try to uninstall again…

Thanks

Thanks@sharad_kumar.
After deleting the mentioned files Express didn’t start but it got uninstall successfully.