ScriptException When Running Business Process from Control Tower

Hi,

I am encountering a problem with running my processes in the control tower. I have the following scenario with two simple recordings:

One opens Chrome via Run, the next proceeds to navigate to a website. When I start to run it, Chrome opens successfully, but stops afterwards. Digging around the logs I find these errors from the Events window:

In case it appears blurry, the error message goes:

RoboticsFlowPlugin executePlugin exception: org.webharvest.exception.ScriptException: Config line 25: script block groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.setClipboardText() is applicable for argument types: (org.webharvest.runtime.variables.NodeVariable) values: [http://www.allianzgi.hk/en/retirement-services] Possible solutions: setClipboardText(java.lang.String), clipboardText()

If I’m understanding these logs correctly, there seems to be a problem with copying a variable value to the clipboard. These errors are not occurring when run from the recorder.

does this recording run smoothly in your RPA Recorder?

please post your recording zipped folder here

And please attach the full error log here (click the blue arrow expand button). It might be that a variable of a wrong type is passed to the step input.

Attached are the recordings for both. Open Browser only does Win + R then type “chrome”.

I’ve been testing the second step from the recorder, can confirm that it works, though it requires that the Chrome window already be open and the address bar be in focus (which the Open Browser step accomplishes) so the URL can be pasted. I use a portion of the Chrome window as it appears on my desktop, so that should be changed.

Replacing pasting the variable from the clipboard with typing out the variable from Enter Keystrokes does work from the Control Tower though.

Recordings.zip (29.0 KB)

Edit: forgot the stack trace

RoboticsFlowPlugin executePlugin exception: org.webharvest.exception.ScriptException:
Config line 25: script block
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.setClipboardText() is applicable for argument types: (org.webharvest.runtime.variables.NodeVariable) values: [http://www.allianzgi.hk/en/retirement-services]
Possible solutions: setClipboardText(java.lang.String), clipboardText()org.webharvest.exception.PluginException: RoboticsFlowPlugin executePlugin exception: org.webharvest.exception.ScriptException:
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.setClipboardText() is applicable for argument types: (org.webharvest.runtime.variables.NodeVariable) values: [http://www.allianzgi.hk/en/retirement-services]
Possible solutions: setClipboardText(java.lang.String), clipboardText()
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.selenium.RoboticsFlowPlugin.executePlugin(RoboticsFlowPlugin.java:106)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.execute(WebHarvestPlugin.java:125)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BaseProcessor.run(BaseProcessor.java:127)
at org.webharvest.runtime.Scraper.execute(Scraper.java:169)
at org.webharvest.runtime.Scraper.execute(Scraper.java:182)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.executor.LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.executeWebHarvestTask(LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.java:187)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.executor.LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.executeWebHarvestTask(LocalWebharvestTaskExecutor.java:103)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.SubmissionsPortionExecutionThread.processSubmissions(SubmissionsPortionExecutionThread.java:187)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.SubmissionsPortionExecutionThread.run(SubmissionsPortionExecutionThread.java:144)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.webharvest.exception.PluginException: org.webharvest.exception.ScriptException:
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.selenium.RobotPlugin.executePlugin(RobotPlugin.java:176)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.recorder.RecorderPlugin.executePlugin(RecorderPlugin.java:127)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.execute(WebHarvestPlugin.java:125)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BodyProcessor.execute(BodyProcessor.java:27)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.executeBody(WebHarvestPlugin.java:246)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.selenium.RoboticsFlowPlugin.executePlugin(RoboticsFlowPlugin.java:98)
… 11 more
Caused by: org.webharvest.exception.ScriptException:
at org.webharvest.runtime.scripting.GroovyScriptEngine.eval(GroovyScriptEngine.java:138)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.ScriptProcessor.execute(ScriptProcessor.java:74)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.BodyProcessor.execute(BodyProcessor.java:27)
at org.webharvest.runtime.processors.WebHarvestPlugin.executeBody(WebHarvestPlugin.java:246)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.plugin.selenium.RobotPlugin.executePlugin(RobotPlugin.java:171)
… 17 more
Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.workfusion.rpa.helpers.RPA.setClipboardText() is applicable for argument types: (org.webharvest.runtime.variables.NodeVariable) values: [http://www.allianzgi.hk/en/retirement-services]
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeStaticMissingMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1506)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeStaticMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1492)
at org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.IndyInterface.selectMethod(IndyInterface.java:232)
at Script2_genScript_6.run(Script2_genScript_6.groovy:41)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:585)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:623)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:594)
at org.webharvest.runtime.scripting.GroovyScriptEngine.eval(GroovyScriptEngine.java:136)
… 22 more

@roberto_delgado,

There is no need to create 2 steps in Control Tower. This could be done in one recording:

Download PDF Files-new.zip (29.1 KB)

By the way, Control Tower does not support opening a browser in one step and manipulating that browser in other steps.

There is no need to create 2 steps in Control Tower. This could be done in one recording:

I understand that, but what I’m trying to do here is to demonstrate how recordings would work on the control tower when they’re connected as steps in a business process, not just have an Open Browser step and do something else. I have also been having issues with the Open Website action. I realize that reporting this issue warrants another post, but to describe shortly: Chromium portable does not open correctly half the time, Firefox portable somehow updated itself and the installed Selenium driver does not work anymore, and Internet Explorer always opens with an “Internet Explorer has stopped working” window; those reasons prevent me from using the more appropriate Open Website action.

In any case, this bug preventing an action that is successfully working in recorder is a huge blocker for me, as I am working on designing a complex workflow that would be pretty hard to develop in one recording.

You can download a fresh Firefox Portable here - https://s3_minskdev.s3.amazonaws.com/Zinchuk/FirefoxPortable.zip

If you want to avoid using the Open Website action - you need to use the Window action instead and put the actions inside it - https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Application#Application-Window

Without the Window or Open Website/ Switch to Browser actions, your bot tasks will fail when running from Control Tower.