Table extraction inside citrix

Hi Team,

I have an application which can only be accessed via Citrix, and I can’t install Workfusion on Citrix server hence, I am doing surface automation inside Citrix. I have to fetch data from a web table where no. of row changes w.r.t. data. Can you please guide me on how I can accomplish the same. I am using RPA Express 2.3.4 Version.

Thanks,
Kiran Talreja

Does the application accept any hotkeys to select all data in the table?
If it does, you could use key combinations for this.

Hi Team,

As I have mentioned in my query the number of rows varies from record to record, How do I identify till where I have to select all the table data and how do I set that image for OCR action.Can you please help me understand how can I read data in Citrix using key combinations.

Thanks,
Kiran Talreja

Hi @ashapkina,

As I have mentioned in my query the number of rows varies from record to record, How do I identify till where I have to select all the table data and how do I set that image for OCR action.Can you please help me understand how can I read data in Citrix using key combinations.Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Kiran Talreja

When you use Citrix, all key combinations are usually directed to the virtual machine, not your local one, so you should be able to use them when automating Citrix-based applications.
It depends on the application you automate whether it has any shortcuts to select the whole table.

If the keystrokes don’t work, try using Mouse drag (drag the mouse from upper corner of the table to the bottom, copy using Ctrl+C and save to a variable). Note that your virtual and local machines should share clipboard for it to work.

Hi @ashapkina,

The application does not have shortcuts to select the whole table. Also, Usage of Ctrl+C is not permitted by the application even in local machine. Is there any other workaround for this.

Thanks,
Kiran Talreja

Hi @ashapkina,

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Kiran Talreja

So, it is not allowed to copy the data in any way from the application?

Hi Alesia,

No it is not allowed to copy the data in any way from the application. If we had native access we would have extracted data using xpath but via citrix we are not sure how can we achieve the same. Is there any workaround for this. It is an urgent requirement.

Thanks,
Kiran Talreja

Looks like the only way to extract the information is OCR, but since the table is always different it is going to be tricky.

Does the last row in the table contain any specific words like Total or something similar?
In this case, you could use OCR with several conditions.

ocr-condition.zip (42.8 KB)

Hi Alesia,

Our table contains account holders names. We may get multiple account holders for a single account hence the table size is always different.

I have attached the above table for your reference. The number of rows varies from account to account.

Thanks,
Kiran Talreja

Hi @ashapkina,

Awaiting your response

Thanks,
Kiran Talreja

Hi kiran,

We had this issue too and we were able to ignore it by downloading the table.
However I guess it is not possible for you so when discussing with WF team, we came up with these solutions (watch out, those are dirty solutions :wink: )

1. open console of your page and copy inner html of your table, then process inner html to extract the data you want
  2. Ocr each line individually (the start of the table can be detected using image recognition of the headers, this can also gives you an estimation of the height of a line) until you have no more line detected (ocr does not provide the data format you are expecting meaning that the table ended). Watch out, this is going to burn your ocr license quite fast.
1 Like