Unable to connect with robot

Hello,

After a while of successfully running robots, I get the “connecting to robot” message" and after few minutes when I close it, I get the following error (during running the same robot as previously): “Unable to connect with robot”

I tired multiple things such as restarting the computer, but it didn’t help

Details:

Unable to connect with robot
com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.driver.DriverInitializationException: Unable to connect with robot
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.driver.RpaUniversalDriver.connect(RpaUniversalDriver.java:127)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.driver.RpaUniversalDriver.initialize(RpaUniversalDriver.java:64)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:75)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Error forwarding the new session Empty pool of VM for setup Capabilities [{imageSimilarityThreshold=0.8, extra.executor.id={Name=RPA Recorder}, CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS=false, browserName=universal, javascriptEnabled=true, extra.capabilities.context={“browserType”:“universal”,“startInPrivate”:false,“blockImages”:false,“maximizeOnStartup”:false,“customCapabilities”:{“platform”:“WINDOWS”,“javascriptEnabled”:true,“SEARCH_ALL_WINDOWS”:true,“CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS”:false,“imageSimilarityThreshold”:“0.8”},“executorId”:{“Name”:“RPA Recorder”}}, platformName=WINDOWS, SEARCH_ALL_WINDOWS=true, platform=WINDOWS}]
Command duration or timeout: 88 milliseconds
Build info: version: ‘9.2.0.4’, revision: ‘1a10eeeced’, time: ‘2018-11-29T10:44:59.891Z’
System info: host: ‘PMIPLKRAL39139’, ip: ‘10.143.141.102’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_121’
Driver info: driver.version: RpaUniversalDriver
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:216)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:168)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.JsonWireProtocolResponse.lambda$new$0(JsonWireProtocolResponse.java:53)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.JsonWireProtocolResponse.lambda$getResponseFunction$2(JsonWireProtocolResponse.java:91)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.lambda$createSession$24(ProtocolHandshake.java:359)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:193)
at java.util.Spliterators$ArraySpliterator.tryAdvance(Spliterators.java:958)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEachWithCancel(ReferencePipeline.java:126)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyIntoWithCancel(AbstractPipeline.java:498)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:485)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
at java.util.stream.FindOps$FindOp.evaluateSequential(FindOps.java:152)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.findFirst(ReferencePipeline.java:464)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.createSession(ProtocolHandshake.java:362)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.createSession(ProtocolHandshake.java:135)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:142)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:741)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:265)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:247)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:148)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:185)
at com.freedomoss.crowdcontrol.webharvest.selenium.wrapper.RemoteDriverWrapper.(RemoteDriverWrapper.java:39)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.driver.RpaUniversalDriver.connect(RpaUniversalDriver.java:125)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.driver.RpaUniversalDriver.initialize(RpaUniversalDriver.java:64)
at com.workfusion.studio.rpa.recorder.player.PlaybackLogic.run(PlaybackLogic.java:75)
Caused by: org.openqa.grid.common.exception.GridException: Error forwarding the new session Empty pool of VM for setup Capabilities [{imageSimilarityThreshold=0.8, extra.executor.id={Name=RPA Recorder}, CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS=false, browserName=universal, javascriptEnabled=true, extra.capabilities.context={“browserType”:“universal”,“startInPrivate”:false,“blockImages”:false,“maximizeOnStartup”:false,“customCapabilities”:{“platform”:“WINDOWS”,“javascriptEnabled”:true,“SEARCH_ALL_WINDOWS”:true,“CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS”:false,“imageSimilarityThreshold”:“0.8”},“executorId”:{“Name”:“RPA Recorder”}}, platformName=WINDOWS, SEARCH_ALL_WINDOWS=true, platform=WINDOWS}]
at org.openqa.grid.web.servlet.handler.RequestHandler.process(RequestHandler.java:110)
at org.openqa.grid.web.servlet.DriverServlet.process(DriverServlet.java:84)
at org.openqa.grid.web.servlet.DriverServlet.doPost(DriverServlet.java:68)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:841)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:535)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:188)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1595)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:188)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1253)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:168)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:473)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1564)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:166)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1155)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.Server.handle(Server.java:564)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:317)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:251)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:279)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:110)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:124)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.util.thread.Invocable.invokePreferred(Invocable.java:128)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.util.thread.Invocable$InvocableExecutor.invoke(Invocable.java:222)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:294)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:199)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:672)
at org.seleniumhq.jetty9.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:590)

Hello Piotr.

Which version of RPA Express do you use? You can check it in Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features.
Was any configuration on your PC changed?
Did you try to restart Bot manager via tray menu? Please try this and let us know whether your script run after that.

Hi, thanks for the response. I use the latest version Version 2.2 - downloaded 2 days ago. I tried to switch off and on the bot manager and it worked for one time (I was able to run the robot once) however after that I couldn’t run the robot again and I had tot turn off and on the bot manager one more time.

It seems I have a solution - switching off the Control Tower and it works well so far. Not sure if it’s the best solution though.

Could you please advise how much RAM your PC has? From your description it looks like you don’t have enough resources to start Control Tower and run bots in Studio simultaneously.

It’s 8GB of RAM. Perhaps that is a problem.

Yes, it can be the reason. Did you try to start Control tower, wait till it’s loaded completely and then run your scripts from Studio? Did bot fail again?

I’ve changed laptop, it has the same specs as the last one but so far there are no issues. The only difference is version 2.1 is installed on this one.

1 Like

Hi @Piotr

Glad this issue was solved.
Are the specs absolutely the same, including processor, free RAM and disk space?

Sorry for the late response. Yes the hardware is pretty much the same 8 GB Ram, 120 GB disk space and the processor is even slower - 2.50 GHz. I don’t think it was the issue. In coming weeks we will try to reinstall workfusion on the problematic laptop and I’ll let you know.

1 Like

@ashapkina @iostapuk @valeryia_rabchykava I’ve just talked to Piotr and he said the issue is not resolved on 2.2 version still. As a workaround, the team uses laptop with older version but it’s not helpful, as 2.2 version features are needed. Could we please continue investigation?

1 Like

Thank you for your time Angelina. Feel free to contact us anytime. We would really like to implement Workfusion on a bigger scale in the company, however it will depend on the results we present the higher management in this test run.

I am also currently having this issue.

Hi @Josh_Agee31 could you provide some additional info:

• what version of RPA Express you have
  • how many bots you have installed
  • screenshot of your PC specs

Thank you.

• Version 2.3.0
• 1 bot

Thank you @Josh_Agee31. Check your server profile. Perhaps, it hasn’t been filled in correctly, especially the Bot Relay and Server Bot fields.
You can see the correct settings here: https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/Preferences#Preferences-PreferencesOverview

Everything appears to be correct within my server profiles.

@Josh_Agee31 can you try and run the recording again, copy the error text and share here with the screenshot of the profile?