Unable to install RPA Express 2.0

Hi,

I Downloaded the installer, after start I get an error ‘Failed to Read Configuration’.
Also a error file is created:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RPAxDownloader.DownloadUtil.getAmazonS3Client(JObject configuration)
at RPAxDownloader.DownloadUtil.getTransferUtility(JObject configuration)
at RPAxDownloader.DownloaderForm.Download()

Any suggestions ?

Martin.

RPA Express Team

I registered and received “Your WorkFusion Download link” mail.
I clicked “Download now” button on the mail and run RPAExpressDownloader.exe.

Then a small dialog poped, no title, text is “Failed to Read Coniguration”.
And error.txt was written on desktop (see below).

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

A download dialog appears but does not download at all.
What’s wrong?

Add:
Perhaps this downloader is directly referring to the WorkFusion server and trying to read the configuration.
It is not allowed by the company’s proxy.

Add2:
Even if the downloader was executed with administrator privileges, there was no change in the situation.

1 Like
RPA Express Lumen is here!

@katsunori_shin It looks like you might be right about the proxy blocking the download. We’ll check if it is the case and see how we can solve it.

split this topic #4

A post was split to a new topic: Error installing RPA Express 2.0

I had the same error. I just downloaded it to my hard drive and did a “Run as administrator” and it worked.

1 Like

I am getting error 0x8007005 - Access is denied while installing RPA Express 2.0. Could you please help me on this.

Same Error,

I registered and received “Your WorkFusion Download link” mail.
I clicked “Download now” button on the mail and run RPAExpressDownloader.exe.

Then a small dialog poped, no title, text is “Failed to Read Coniguration”.
And error.txt was written on desktop (see below).

A download dialog appears but does not download at all.

Even if the downloader was executed with administrator privileges, there was no change in the situation.

1 Like
RPA Express cannot install on Windows 10 April Update

@sander_raveblE @martinb @katsunori_shin did you save the downloader on your computer before running it or did you run in from the browser dialogue window?

I tried …
save the downloader and run with normal user permissions,
save the downloader and run with administrator,
and run directly from browser.
The situation was all the same.

Yes, I have tried everything. Same as Katsunori_shin…

@sander_raveblE @katsunori_shin thanks for getting back with additional information. Our support team are now investigating this.

I have the same issue, tried run as admin with antivirus suspended. Windows 10 64 bit.

@nils_petter_ny @sander_raveblE @katsunori_shin @sivaramakrishna.mangisetty @mzahn @martinb
Hi all,
we have found two most common reasons for this issue:

1. When you click Run directly in the browser when downloading RPAxDownloader. If you did that, please first download the file to your computer, and then run it.

2. Company’s proxy or firewall blocking the download. Please try downloading the installation package to another machine. If this works, you can copy the package to your office PC and install there.

Hope this will help solve the issue. Please let us know if you still have it.

Hi Alesia,

I have the same problem as mentioned above “Failed to Read Configuration”.
I am launching RPAxDownloader from my computer so the reason of my issue should be with the proxy / firewall.

Is there an alternative way to proceed other than getting the package on a second computer (in my company all computers have the same security restrictions) ?

Thank you in advance.

Quentin

Hi Quentin,

Will it be possible to download the package to your home machine, for example, and then copy it to your office computer?

I think that it is an option which can be considered yes.

Quentin

Hi Alesia,

I may have answered too fast. What do you mean by “home machine” ?
Thx

Quentin

I mean your personal computer, or another computer where the download will not be blocked by the company’s proxy.

I have tried without proxy and without firewall and unfortunatley still get the same error.

Company’s proxy or firewall blocking the download. Please try downloading the installation package to another machine. If this works, you can copy the package to your office PC and install there.

This is a bad method.
You are encouraging employees to avoid firewalls and bring in files from outside the company (firewall).

When Adobe Reader DC updates, it detects the existence of a proxy and displays a dialog asking for proxy ID and password to be used (not saved) only during that session.

A similar mechanism is necessary if it is a product for enterprises.

2 Likes