How to define a global variable with a default value for a Business Process that can be used anywhere and changed when needed while designing the process?
To do it:
- open the bot task in the business process for editing
- define the variable you use in the bot task through global variable
<var-def name="new_var"> <var-global name="NOSTRO_FULLFILENAME"> <var-def> <script><![CDATA[ log.warn(new_var.toString()); ]]></script>
- save the bot task and the business process
- the following error message will appear if you don’t have such global variable in the Global Variables Data Store
- click the message, and on the pop-up window, click Edit values
- the Global variables datastore will open in a new tab. Add the required value and click Save
- get back to the business process and click the renew button on the pop-up, click OK.
- Save the business process.
The created Global variable can be later used in other bot tasks.