Want to design a bot that works for different documents to pick out data points from exact same locations

rparecorder

Hi,

I want to make a bot that is able to pick data points from exact same locations on different documents. The idea here is to be able to grab data points from the same locations on different documents. At this moment my bot is only able to grab data points from documents using the image references on the documents. I want to grab data points through some other means or method, maybe by using co-ordinate settings.

Just to keep you informed: I tried grabbing data points using co-ordinate settings before but it didn’t perform well for new documents.

Need help on this please.

Regards,
Ankit

hi @Sharma_Nikhil

Thank you for the request - very useful for us and community. A couple of questions that would help us to advise better:

• Are your documents images or searchable (e.g. word, text, etc)?
• Do you open them in 3rd party app (e.g. Adobe Reader) and further want to extract from a specific locations?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Hi,

My documents are searchable i.e. Word and searchable PDFs.

Yes, I open them in third party app ( Adobe Reader) and want to extract from specific points.

Regards,
Ankit

Hi @Sharma_Nikhil

This types of use-case as easy to do with our Smart Process Automation product. The options are:
Use template based extraction, use Cognitive automation to learn how to process your documents.

If you want to learn more please let us know we are happy to assist.