WebElement not accessible always via xpath

xpath
webelement

#1

The xpath used to access the elements on the webpage doesn’t always works with RPAExpress.

I have tried using the xpath from both chrome and firefox. The one from chrome traverses the element referring to the ids whereas the one from firefox is absolute. I have used these alternatively when one didn’t work. But one some pages say where we have some modals, the xpath from either of the browsers will not work. I have also cross tested the xpath and they yield correct references.

Are we aware of any issues working with xpath? Let me know if you want some examples.


#2

@Amit_Daga_Deloitte,

please post the page code and XPaths you use here.


#3

Currently we do not support iframes. If that is your case - please, use image-based for now


#4

page_code_html.txt (163.0 KB)

I have uploaded the page code into a file.

Here is the xpath I am using: /html/body/div[9]/div[3]/div[1]/ul/li[1]/div[1]/div[1]/div/div[3]/div[2]


#5

There is an iframe on the page but the element I am trying to access is not inside an iframe


#6

@Amit_Daga_Deloitte,

Please try to increase the timeout before using the Web Element action - maybe this element is not loaded by the time your bot performs this action


#7

There is no issue with xpath.
According to one that you provided, you are trying to get
’< div class=“title” data-type=“html” data-model=“offerTitle” />'
but there is nothing in this tag

Please, try to use different xpath, here is a good example of how to get an xPath of an element