XPath in plugin for Internet Explorer

Hello

I have just downloaded and installed RPA express. I am going through the tutorials but I cannot find a way to extract an Xpath from an internet explorer page … for some reason, my download did not include the plugin which is referenced in the tutorial.

Can anyone help me find out where I can download the plugin, or alternatively point to a way to extract the XPath for the value of the stock for people with limited programming knowledge?

Thanks for any help I can get - having wasted 2 days trying to figure this out …

T

Hi, @thomas_morineau, There are no xpath plugins for IE
However, you can use Firefox portable that we provide. It has xpath plugin built-in already.
Find xpath in FF and then use it in IE

Hello

Thank you for this.

So that does not seem to be accurate … and it does not solve the issue… here is what I have tried:

1. I can download Firefox and download the plugin. The Xpath I get does not work for any of the browser embedded in (Firefox Portable, Chromium Portable, Internet explorer
  2. if I open Firefox Portable, I can inspect web elements but it does not give me their XPath
  3. I do not know how to add firefox in the the list of allowed browser in the RPA recorder …

Finally, I am currently doing the tutorial that is recommended for learning RPA express, but I need to then implement a process that needs an application that only accepts IE and none of the issues/resolutions above will help …

can you help?

Useful links:

A workaround can be found here - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1990225/finding-an-elements-xpath-using-ie-developer-tool

this excel-based tool works really fine - https://code.google.com/archive/p/fire-ie-selenium/downloads

I still can't find the exact solution for getting the xpath from IE

i could not able to get the xpath of the web element in the IE browser but it is available in firefox and chrome.

@karan_aroraOSQ - please see prev posts

I’have tried everything to get xpath in IE11 but I can’t find a way to do that… some help?

I saw the posts above but it didn’t work for me.

Same here. The application I need to use works ONLY for IE.
Any tips? Even 3rd party add-ons are acceptable if someone knows one that works!

Hey try this…
Download the source code of the web, save that as html then open it with chrome. Now you will be able to get the correct xpath.