Xpath returns empty string values

I am trying to scrape the (what looks like) text from the highlighted element in the attached image. The Xpath I’m using is:
//*[@id=“zip-modal”]/div[2]/div[2]/div/div/div[1]/div//div/span/span

The script runs fine and I get my output but the entries are empty. The bot seems to capture the number of available tags that hold the info I need but outputs it as empty strings. I’m wondering if the presence of “name-invisible” is what’s causing it. It is the name I need but it is hidden behind an image on the website I’m working on and it seems like the text between the opening and closing tags is not text at all but rather an image.

I was hoping you’d be able to help me figure out if my Xpath is not good or if there’s another way to get the data I need.

Thank you!!

XPath|653x326

Hi Geri,

Could you re-attach the image you wanted to share?
Please also share a screenshot of the web element action itself and, if possile, the url of the web page.

WebAction XPath

Hopefully, the upload works this time. Thank you, Alesia!

I have the same problem when I try to fetch fra from a browser based Dynamics NAV solution.

Here is an example:

Xpath: //*[@id=“910_BusinessGrid”]/tbody/tr[2]/td[6]

Best regards,
Michael Callisen

@mc1 is there an element inside <td> that has the value you need to get? Try using the xpath of that element.

@gstoyanova could you share the URL of the page with this element?

@gstoyanova - for your image - you cannot get text from it using XPath. Please see the OCR action - https://kb.workfusion.com/display/RPAe/OCR

@mc1

Your XPath will return you the whole cell, but this cell does not contain text inside itself.

You need to add a span at the end I guess.

//*[@id=“910_BusinessGrid”]/tbody/tr[2]/td[6]/span

I will test the OCR solution you suggested. What solved the issue for me was using the element attribute “textContent” in the Web Element action window. Even though there’s no such visible attribute in the xpath, the bot understood that it’s supposed to capture as text.

1 Like

Thanks, I will test that and get back to you :slight_smile: